Dutch Passion - Growing Competition 2022 - Outdoor/Guerilla - strains: Durban Dew, Passion #1, Hollands Hope, Frisian Dew, Think Fast

Antonio_DutchPassion

Just now, AnonyMice said:

@B-real confession..I don’t have a loupe or anything to check trichs with. I’ve been going by weeks mostly. Tbh I thought I’d face an early chop but they are way hardier than I expected. Barely any mould and mid October. 

My purple Durban Dew has been far behind the other in size but it definitely makes up for it in aesthetics 

@AnonyMice if you looked on the bay site or jungle u can get em cheep cheep like a budgie on a budget less than a fiver I reckon or less than a 10er for one with a light built in like mine takes the guess work out .

Atb

@B-real would be very handy. Budgets is tight but it’s really a necessity for harvesting at the right time. Thanks mate will give a look into it 

ETA £4 I think my budget can allow lol on payday atleast 

Edited by AnonyMice
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, AnonyMice said:

@B-real would be very handy. Budgets is tight but it’s really a necessity for harvesting at the right time. Thanks mate will give a look into it 

ETA £4 I think my budget can allow lol on payday atleast 

Another bit of needed kit Mr Mice ;)

Edited by Revive
  • Like 2

@Revive haha yes bro. Investing into future savings :) Get it done right and I’ll ditch the dealer for as long as possible as you reminded me recently :) 

hoping next year I can make that a full time arrangement - ditching the dealer 

Edited by AnonyMice
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, AnonyMice said:

@Revive haha yes bro. Investing into future savings :) Get it done right and I’ll ditch the dealer for as long as possible as you reminded me recently :) 

hoping next year I can make that a full time arrangement - ditching the dealer 

Keep at it brother and you will :yep:

Maybe next season you can delete his/her number.. ive every faith in you for the commitment you have put in your first time around..

be lucky :yinyang:

• Like 2

Durban dew was the green pheno its now got purple tips and stinks to high heaven of citrus not like the purple one that's more different can't describe yet.

large.20221013_093542_compress45.jpglarge.20221013_093559_compress26.jpg

Could take down now checked under the scope but box is full so another one now just cooking that little extra .

@B-real Thanks for sharing those pics and info mate! She looks pretty frosty too! Little leafy maybe, but as long as she smells right it will still be a nice smoke!

Citrus dominant you say, what else is in there according to your nose?

I like the purple pheno a lot aesthetically speaking! Beautiful plant to see :thumsup:

How did the second Think Fast turn out by the way?

@AnonyMice Such a small microscope is worth every penny mate, not only to decide the right time for harvest but also to look at the buds, either fresh/dried, it is a great tool to check up on quality too. If you still buy weed from the dealer, check it with a microscope, you can easily spot things that don't belong there :smartass:

And you'll see it is fun to do, the microscopic world on cannabis is very interesting to look at!  :realcool: A great tool to identify the density of the trichomes too.

All the best guys! Hope you have a good time chopping the ladies! :oldtoker:

• Like 3

@Antonio_DutchPassion It is on my shopping list mate. That’s a great point you make about inspecting the dealers too.. I think I’m about 2 weeks from chopping. Thanks a lot mate :) and for the opportunity to participate on my first ever grow . I’ve enjoyed every minute of it. Can’t wait for next year 

• Like 2

@Antonio_DutchPassion

Hi mate so the second durban dew reeks of lemons and is on the less bud to leaf ratio I may just take whatever "nugs" I can and put the rest into bubble .

The purple durban dew was crystally but the buds didn't quite bulk maybe its down to nutes but I did feed it the same as the think fast and that has huge colas.

I think it's maybe down to the durban genetics straight up sativa traits.

The second larger producing think fast is unreal it smells like sunny delight it pongs something heavenly.

I trimmed up the buds which are full and weighted and there wasn't alot of sugar leaf after final manicure.

I want this pheno every year it grew itself in fact I kinda never gave it as much love as the other one .

Atb .

My lighter colour Durban Dew on the leafy side so far. Tomorrow will be 9 weeks but have decided to leave it another week to let it fatten up a bit. Visually and aromatically beautiful.. 

large.149D9229-4E1F-4E5D-8A1A-98F8B1A2A739.jpeg

large.5F9DE664-8F8A-4B72-BA21-4B9F538050F1.jpeg

my plot is basically visible from a few locals windows now from the lack of vegetation. I’m basically crawling for cover.. I chopped the higher buds on the smaller plant to make life easier. This DD buds are almost black. 

large.C32C3860-7129-4EDF-A218-064F152BBBA3.jpeg

@B-real how long were your Durban dews flowering mate? 

• Like 4

God noes 7 to 9 weeks but mate I'm lat 50 I get intense and direct sun .

My thoughts are Ireland is pretty far up the lats so not sure how much strength your getting uv/uav wise ?

What lat are u out of curiosity?

@B-real I’m lat 54 and correct mate weathers shite. Mostly cloud & rain atm. Environment factors delaying mine a little probably. Mine are 9 weeks but deffo need longer 

• Like 2

Just now, B-real said:

Try and go for xl autos next year if I was u I would and give em the 13/15 weeks hotest weather u got.

Yeah, I'm even further north. Strains that finish in October will have to be in a really sunny, south facing spot. I'm looking at autos, semi-autos and "fast" versions for next year. Strains that finish August/September is as late as I'd go unless in an exceptionally sheltered, sun-kissed spot.

• Like 2

@Crow River strains that finish in October for most would be November or later at lat 56 aswell mate. The higher lat the longer hours of daylight meaning plants flowering later. Mine weren’t flowering until last week August/September 

@B-real that’ll be the plan bro thanks. Then another auto plant out for an autumn harvest 

• Like 2