How to store buds now that I have a prescription?

stephenc

1 hour ago, onetime said:

Throw it in the freezer; I only do that if I’m making bubblehash ortherwise I store it in rubber sealed glass jars/mason jars. Good luck. 

your not in the uk are you ? 
I will be gob smacked if you are & got a prescription you can actually fill as I’ve read others getting one however never heard of anyone being able to fulfill it as ? refused to honer the prescription 

I'm actually in N. Ireland which at least for now is still part of the UK.

Having said that, my first prescription delivery via DPD has just been cancelled without explanation

@stephenc

Knowing your medical condition does make it a bit easier to help give you some advice. Based on this m suggestion is that you will want to compliment your current therapy with a full spectrum oil.

The best way to do this would be from fresh frozen plant material so no drying, just remove the fan leaves and large stems and then freeze.

@NezA has a great thread on making RSO using Iso, he was making this for his dad as he was battling cancer, it is a great thread and I highly recommend it.

Best of luck mate, as always feel free to tag me if there is anything I can help with.

Greenie / 3FF

• Like 4

Just now, stephenc said:

Having said that, my first prescription delivery via DPD has just been cancelled without explanation

I wonder if something is happening, I got an email from Curaeaf (my pharmacy) yesterday saying that they were unable to accept card payments at the moment and payments had t be made through bank transfer.....

It sounds like Worldpay has stopped them from using its services, I know credit card and debit card providers can be a bit strange about cannabis payments although seeing as these are legal pharmacies I thought they would be OK.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, green_machine said:

I wonder if something is happening, I got an email from Curaeaf (my pharmacy) yesterday saying that they were unable to accept card payments at the moment and payments had t be made through bank transfer.....

It sounds like Worldpay has stopped them from using its services, I know credit card and debit card providers can be a bit strange about cannabis payments although seeing as these are legal pharmacies I thought they would be OK.

I was told to make a bank transfer, which I did. I was notified by DPD and not the pharmacy that it was cancelled

Hmm not sure on that one mate, I would contact curaleaf on Monday when they open or possible DPD to see what happened.

I've never had delivery problems previously, DPD has always been fine getting me my prescription, but I am London based so no checks I guess.

• Like 1

@stephenc

Thanks for sharing the information :)

I hope your treatment goes well. 

Hopefully you get this prescription issue sorted ASAP. 

Atb 

:yinyang:

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, stephenc said:

I was told to make a bank transfer, which I did. I was notified by DPD and not the pharmacy that it was cancelled

do what greenmachine recommends underneath and contact curaleaf on monday.

dpd delivered my prescription cannabis to me on tuesday without issue.

it may just be a wording thing on their app.

• Like 1

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this topic.

I'm concluding from it (unless I've misunderstood it) that the concensus seems to be that I should carefully dry the buds once they are ready to harvest perhaps for a few weeks and then store them in an airtight container in a dark place.

I'm also concluding that I should continue to use my own produce along side the prescription.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, green_machine said:

compliment your current therapy with a full spectrum oil.

The best way to do this would be from fresh frozen plant material so no drying, just remove the fan leaves and large stems and then freeze.

This is a great way to go. 

Or you can slow dry it for the purposes of vaping :)

Atb 

:yinyang:

• Like 1

20 hours ago, stephenc said:

Yes, I have a few Afghan Pearl in full bud ready to harvest but my doctor told me not to mix the home grow with the prescribed cannabis

I'd store your home grown bud separate from your prescription bud (as has been said, dry it slowly then airtight jar in a dark place), simply because there have been a lot of reports of people getting mouldy prescription bud :( and you don't want to contaminate your properly dried home grown buds with mould.

E2A I know that's probably not what he meant.

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 2

@stephenc & @  green_machine

What’s the deal with growing your own is it classed as a legal grow or still illegal.

I am pretty gob snacked either of you got a legal prescription esp Ireland that’s actually going/already is being filled out and you/will receive it 

Edited by onetime
Typos as ever

11 minutes ago, onetime said:

@stephenc & @  green_machine

What’s the deal with growing your own is it classed as a legal grow or still illegal.

I am pretty gob snacked either of you got a legal prescription esp Ireland that’s actually going/already is being filled out and you/will receive it 

I know you're not asking me but it's still completely illegal to grow (without a license, which all seem to be owned by companies with connections to the Tory party...). People with prescriptions are getting arrested and their prescription buds confiscated (then returned, with much embarrassment to the police), it's a complete shambles.

E2A @onetime if you want to tag someone don't leave a gap between the @ and the username ;) do it all in one (you can tell if you're doing it right cos the username of the person will come up as you are typing) :)

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 4

@onetime

Hey man, as boojum said legally prescribed cannabis has been around for few years now (I have had my prescription for around a year), however, it is not available on the NHS yet. At the moment it is only available through private practice and through specially licensed pharmacies. This does mean the costs can be quite high.

Growing cannabis is still illegal here, sadly.

Greenie / 3FF

• Like 3