How to store buds now that I have a prescription?

stephenc

I have a dilemma. I've been growing a number of plants of different varieties / cultivars all of which are now at different stages which I had hoped to both juice and make some sort of oil with.

My dilemma is what to do with it all now that I have a legal prescription.

I was thinking of storing it in the freezer but I'm sure it must need some sort of preparation before doing this.

Can I ask for advice here please.

• Like 1

Yes, I have a few Afghan Pearl in full bud ready to harvest but my doctor told me not to mix the home grow with the prescribed cannabis

Did your doctor give a reason why?

I'm a patient at sapphire and use both prescribed cannabis and my own homegrown and I have found my own homegrown to be much better. The prescribed cannabis is pretty awful and not very consistent.

When I first started on the program I had a similar problem in that sapphire wanted me to use their CBD oil extracts as well, but I spoke to my doctor about it and said I was able to get much better CBD from the commercial market and he was fine with me using this instead of paying crazy prices for the Adven CBD oil.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, stephenc said:

Yes, I have a few Afghan Pearl in full bud ready to harvest but my doctor told me not to mix the home grow with the prescribed cannabis

Well if you harvest and dry properly you can store in glass jars in a cool dark place for years

It's basically down to how well you dry it , you need to get that right

• Like 5

Just now, stu914 said:

@green_machine

Are you making oil or some other extract from your own crop?

Hey stu, yeah I make a whole bunch of different products for my own use, from capsules to balms.

My main use of cannabis is for inhibition of COX-2 proteins to reduce inflammatory responses and I generally find this is much better through edibles. I make a cocoa butter based capsule for this which I take 3 times a day.

I find the balms can be helpful in relieving muscle pains from cramps and spasms.

I also vape flowers and extracts to help with pain management throughout the day.

• Like 8

8 hours ago, stephenc said:

I wouldn't worry about mixing the two :)

More worryingly, 

as mentioned previously, 

the quality of the prescription weed is questionable at best. 

It's often not very well grown,

over handled(removing lots of the active chemicals) with regular reports of mould/budrot :(

You'll kick that stuffs arse with a half decent bit of homegrown :D:thumsup:

Do you mind if I ask the reason for the prescription? 

I've been using cannabis flower and exctracts(produced by me) for over a decade now as I suffer from chronic pain due to spinal issues. 

Side note, 

whether it's due to the canna or not, 

my general health is excellent :D

Good luck with getting some relief from your condition :yep:

Atb 

:yinyang:

• Like 3

hang it in your front window with a big sign saying 'legal so fuck you'.

seriously; use 50/50 or something, so there is a reasonable demand on sapphire but so you save money too.

sapphire dont bat an eyelid on people avoiding the cbd, they know their adven oil is a stupid additional expense and i just told them i get mine for free (true - i have had two big freebies from columbia platinum and another on the way from norway someone - there are regular promotions if you look around).

I also decarboxylate a proportion of mine so i can always make oils or edibles.

source; i am legal with sapphire, and 'supplement' their supply, as, i suspect, does everyone.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Newcouch said:

hang it in your front window with a big sign saying 'legal so fuck you'.

Technically, this is what GWP have been doing since 1998, only the front window is the UK’s largest greenhouse in Norfolk. Fuck you pkebs, we’re making billions ya cunts. 

• Like 2

Throw it in the freezer; I only do that if I’m making bubblehash ortherwise I store it in rubber sealed glass jars/mason jars. Good luck. 

your not in the uk are you ? 
I will be gob smacked if you are & got a prescription you can actually fill as I’ve read others getting one however never heard of anyone being able to fulfill it as ? refused to honer the prescription 

Edited by onetime
correcting reply

12 hours ago, green_machine said:

Did your doctor give a reason why?

I'm a patient at sapphire and use both prescribed cannabis and my own homegrown and I have found my own homegrown to be much better. The prescribed cannabis is pretty awful and not very consistent.

When I first started on the program I had a similar problem in that sapphire wanted me to use their CBD oil extracts as well, but I spoke to my doctor about it and said I was able to get much better CBD from the commercial market and he was fine with me using this instead of paying crazy prices for the Adven CBD oil.

I'm actually with Sapphire as well.

My doctor told me not to take my own grow as they wouldn't know what effect it would have with the prescription.

Thanks for your advice

Edited by stephenc

12 hours ago, stu914 said:

@green_machine

Are you making oil or some other extract from your own crop?

To be honest, I don't know what I'm going to do with it. The plan was to make some sort of RSO and juice it.

12 hours ago, Degsy said:

Well if you harvest and dry properly you can store in glass jars in a cool dark place for years

It's basically down to how well you dry it , you need to get that right

That's the dilemma I have, I'm worried that drying it will ruin the terpenes which my understanding is, is the health promoting part.

But I don't know enough about it to know if drying and storing is better / worse than freezing

12 hours ago, Degsy said:

4 hours ago, Shumroom said:

I wouldn't worry about mixing the two :)

More worryingly, 

as mentioned previously, 

the quality of the prescription weed is questionable at best. 

It's often not very well grown,

over handled(removing lots of the active chemicals) with regular reports of mould/budrot :(

You'll kick that stuffs arse with a half decent bit of homegrown :D:thumsup:

Do you mind if I ask the reason for the prescription? 

I've been using cannabis flower and exctracts(produced by me) for over a decade now as I suffer from chronic pain due to spinal issues. 

Side note, 

whether it's due to the canna or not, 

my general health is excellent :D

Good luck with getting some relief from your condition :yep:

Atb 

:yinyang:

Multiple Myeloma (blood cancer), tremor and sleep issues

• Like 1