What went wrong’s sneaky urban outdoor grow.

Whatwentwrong

Just a heads up though, the soil will require a fair bit of maintenance, I'm planning on covering and mulching my spot once I'm done this year to minimise seed drops from invasives too which can sour the soil somewhat so it's worth looking at ways to improve the soil ready for the next year too

• Like 3

1 hour ago, blerie420 said:

Just a heads up though, the soil will require a fair bit of maintenance, I'm planning on covering and mulching my spot once I'm done this year to minimise seed drops from invasives too which can sour the soil somewhat so it's worth looking at ways to improve the soil ready for the next year too

when we dug down the soil was really deep. We’re limited for where we can go and the surrounding plants looked very healthy.

we will have to see how it goes, I have another few plants to go out so when I’m up there next I’ll do something. The plot isn’t exactly huge. Also, if it is tall grass then that means last years will have died and rotted in well.

we can only keep an eye on it and try and manage what issues come up.

• Like 5

@Whatwentwrong sorry my splitting my post probably made no sense lol. I mean if you take the route I am, the soil will need some enrichment after the first round as it's essentially a raised bed. If you plant straight into the ground and those are very invasive it can have an impact on your yield/viability but I've got fingers and toes crossed for ya that it doesnt! :)

• Like 2

@Whatwentwrong What a cool looking plot you've managed to snag for this season  :yep:

Good luck this year mate  :cheers:

Game on  :headbang:

Kind regards  :bong:

Mark..

Edited by Seedstockers-Mark
  • Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
Just now, Exile420 said:

Anything to report?

went back last week or so to do some weeding and throw some more out but I didn’t take pictures.

no rabbits is the report and seed plants are growing harder than clones for the minute but I should be going back soon.

it’s not simply a case of walking there as you can see so timing is important. Should be ok for a visit this weekend.

• Like 2

Just now, Whatwentwrong said:

went back last week or so to do some weeding and throw some more out but I didn’t take pictures.

no rabbits is the report and seed plants are growing harder than clones for the minute but I should be going back soon.

it’s not simply a case of walking there as you can see so timing is important. Should be ok for a visit this weekend.

Look forward to the update :)

• Like 5

So, we had a decent enough low tide to head over. (Inaccessible is the word).

the smaller clones aren’t doing great but the bigger plants are fine. Maybe next year we’ll take mark up on the offer of a 420l pot to give soil depth. (@Seedstockers-Mark any chance you can do them in camouflage, they do stand out a bit at the minute)

large.FDDE45B8-1EFF-4CB0-BEC4-49F7C2103BE9.jpeglarge.EF77DE69-04E8-4CA4-BD31-3902BC8D0BF3.jpeglarge.8D0FEEE2-875D-494F-99D6-0C35D1B3C68E.jpeglarge.7B5F6F81-1BC8-4CC3-95D0-4C035CDF5EE3.jpeglarge.5138F54E-F8E5-4EC3-B8C6-61E025CBFC92.jpeglarge.BE1FBB29-648C-4DEB-B0FF-87D66E233A0B.jpeglarge.B56CAE98-6DCB-45E7-AAF3-FCC739F4FEFD.jpeg

• Like 12

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 09/07/2022 at 4:13 PM, Seedstockers-Mark said:

@Whatwentwrong Hows things going mate?

I hope all is well  :cheers:

we got buzzed by a helli, bastards.

the plot seems ok and is u touched but the ladder was across the river and they literally came straight over us heading to the ladder so we threw our water down on the nearest plants and left (it had extra feed n as well as they do look hungry). Trying to get back this week for a look after this dry spell.

Edited by Whatwentwrong
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...