SHD x Guerrilla Exodus Auto

RUFUS HOUND

@Crow River How many weeks in are you now mate and whats your DLI?

I'm following the higher growth DLI ( figures at  top for co2), I have seen a few autoflower DLI charts and this one seems more reserved than most.

I dont have CO2, so they're getting slightly more light than they require but its only 5 to 10 DLI more than the regular growth, so should be ok - I will increase height if any crispyness starts to occur but Ive had the light down to 10" previously before this happened, so it wont be a problem.

• Like 1

@RUFUS HOUND, I'm in the middle of week seven just now with the cabinet grow. I am running light on 20/4, just dimmed a bit to 70% as the heat was getting a bit much in the current warm weather. Also on this lighting schedule it doesn't need to be full whack when the canopy is relatively close (around 30cm or a bit less in places). I'm trying to strike a balance between light intensity/DLI and heat. Too much of the latter will harm the buds. My target DLI is 40+, easily achieved with 20/4.

Edited by Crow River
  • Like 2

Im on 18/6, so I can push the dli up a little more - I dont have a dimmer, so I have to adjust height or reduce the hours at a push to reduce the DLI.

• Like 1

The reason I went for a dimmable light is because it's at a fixed height. Also my headroom is not much: cabinet only 95cm high, and light takes 10cm of that, washing up bowl another 16/17cm. So if plants stretch, I have to dim. 

• Like 1
Just now, RUFUS HOUND said:

I never checked but assume the chart is 20/4 being for an autoflower

Don't think it matters what the schedule is - anywhere between 18 and 24 hours of light is good, as long as the DLI is on point.

I have a 140cm high tent but even with that extra height its up under the fan and filter and still giving DLI of 50.

My light is actually 2 leds boards with separate power supplies, so I can always knock a whole board off, if needed.

• Like 1

@RUFUS HOUND I was going to suggest that. You could have one on at 20/4 and then run the second on a separate timer for however long was needed to get the desired DLI

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 2

Day 35 - signs of pre flowers :yahoo:

I had a play with the light height and removed the blocks from the tent base and got the DLIs down to about 42, which is more inline with the table values at week 5 :yep:

They are only 7 inch high currently, so I want to keep the lights at max height to make them stretch.

Struggling with the temperatures at the minute but who isnt = 31.7 C max today :sweaty:

radiator was knocked off 3 days ago, internal fan on max and even had to crack the tent door to get it under 30'C

DLI = 42-45

PPFD = 650

Humidity = 45%

Temp = 31 to 27'C

Light distance =  18" from top of canopy - maxed out 

Feed = 800ppm veg + pinch of epsom  (to correct my low mg water) 

Water= 1L/ 48hrs each 

Plant height =  7" from soil level

large.62ac9dbbe95d2_SHDxGuerrillaExodusAutos-day35.jpg

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

day 47 - balls ?

As I dont have any experience with the male of the species, I would like a second opinion but I have what I think are pollen sacs appearing everywhere and still no real sign of flowers (sorry about my earlier excitement after the dark period) - what do you guys recon???

large.62c1bbe724893_day47BALLS.jpg

• Like 2

Its been confirmed I now have 2 boys - not hermied as no flower but genuine full on males 

Im afraid its off to the compost bin for these 2 tonight 

Ive got some seedstocker autos in the fridge so I will dig some out and start again - there not in the fridge so the hunt begins 

Edited by RUFUS HOUND
  • Like 2
9 hours ago, RUFUS HOUND said:

afraid its off to the compost bin for these 2 tonight 

Good luck going forward mate! At least you've got the lights dialed in for the next run 

Edited by rolio
  • Like 1

@rolio I was hoping these would be the tester to see if the DLI chart Im using was "sound". It appears to be good up to flowering anyway, so will keep with it on the next run.

Ive found the rest of my seeds and went for "Seedstockers/ Humbodlt Panty Punch" auto

the new diary will be in the seedstockers section and in my signature when I get my shit sorted out 

• Like 2