Last piece of the puzzle

Ecto

20 minutes ago, brock1 said:

If you ever decide your growing large plant's in a full room set up you can get a auto crop before the photos fill in the gaps to help pay the rising cost of electricity. Were you store your mother's theirs generally wasted light. That wasted light could be making bud. Outdoor they will proform better then any indoor clone I have ever grown outside. With how far people have come with auto's over the last 10yr imagine how much better they will be in another 10yr? And i can honestly say I have autos now that are better than a lot of a lot of photos that are on the market today. Can give bigger yeilds in the same time as a photos and but just as strong. But their's just as many disadvantages because in this world we live in nothing is perfect :yinyang:

I'm positive that a room full of autos could out yield a photo room. Don't have to convince me, I'm sold lol

Different things for different people though. The thing that sold me on autos was I was getting fed up of the amount of work I was doing. 1 room full of mothers, cuttings and clones, another flowering them out. I'd run 12 new plants to test them out, have to hold 12 cuttings on each just in case I found anything decent, while also cracking seeds for the next run etc. Once I tried a sea of green and my plants numbers got up to something absolutely silly. Imagine if the old bill came knocking then :thumbdown:
In the end, the simplicity of having a single room where I could grow perpetually really appealed to me. Everyone hates harvest time. Who wants to sit down and trim 20, 30+ ounces of weed in one hit? Well I've not had to in years doing it this way and I love it :D
It also satisfies my need to experiment and try new things.

As far as outdoor growing goes though, I don't think there's any argument there about the benefits of autos. When you can't control the light duration, being able to control the harvest window is massive.

I think one of the biggest drawbacks to autos currently is the difficulty in breeding them. Not only is it a long process to cross a new photoperiod with an auto (F3 to get it mostly auto, F4 to stabilise), if you want to take a short cut and just cross an auto with another auto, you have the choice of about 20/30 reg auto seeds to choose from. I'm not saying it's impossible or hard to do this, just that it's not quite as simple as normal "pollen chucking", so less people give it a go, so we have slower progress in auto development. Part this problem probably stems from the fact that feminised autos are more desirable than feminised photos. I don't mind cracking a couple reg photos, chucking them in a room to veg and sex in small pots before deciding what to do. I don't want to pot an auto into a big pot to find out 3 weeks later it's a male, so I'd only buy the reg auto seeds if I had intentions to make crosses with them, so I guess there's less demand overall.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, SkyRider said:

When you can't control the light duration, being able to control the harvest window is massive.

You can control photos outdoors, I've flowered them in the middle of summer several times, it's called light deprivation.

• Like 1

Just now, latigid aikon said:

You can control photos outdoors, I've flowered them in the middle of summer several times, it's called light deprivation.

I guess you do that under glass though? Not sure I could do that on my GG plot 20 minute walk away..?

Just now, SkyRider said:

I guess you do that under glass though?

No, outdoors directly under the sun.

Just now, SkyRider said:

Not sure I could do that on my GG plot 20 minute walk away..?

Yeah that could be tricky! I have them in large pots and I put them in my shed to extend their dark period.

• Like 1

Just now, latigid aikon said:

No, outdoors directly under the sun.

Yeah that could be tricky! I have them in large pots and I put them in my shed to extend their dark period.

If I could grow in my back garden, I'd certainly give that a shot, but my legs can't take that much walking twice a day lollollol Dog would bloody love it though

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, SkyRider said:

I'm positive that a room full of autos could out yield a photo room. Don't have to convince me, I'm sold lol

Different things for different people though. The thing that sold me on autos was I was getting fed up of the amount of work I was doing. 1 room full of mothers, cuttings and clones, another flowering them out. I'd run 12 new plants to test them out, have to hold 12 cuttings on each just in case I found anything decent, while also cracking seeds for the next run etc. Once I tried a sea of green and my plants numbers got up to something absolutely silly. Imagine if the old bill came knocking then :thumbdown:
In the end, the simplicity of having a single room where I could grow perpetually really appealed to me. Everyone hates harvest time. Who wants to sit down and trim 20, 30+ ounces of weed in one hit? Well I've not had to in years doing it this way and I love it :D
It also satisfies my need to experiment and try new things.

As far as outdoor growing goes though, I don't think there's any argument there about the benefits of autos. When you can't control the light duration, being able to control the harvest window is massive.

I think one of the biggest drawbacks to autos currently is the difficulty in breeding them. Not only is it a long process to cross a new photoperiod with an auto (F3 to get it mostly auto, F4 to stabilise), if you want to take a short cut and just cross an auto with another auto, you have the choice of about 20/30 reg auto seeds to choose from. I'm not saying it's impossible or hard to do this, just that it's not quite as simple as normal "pollen chucking", so less people give it a go, so we have slower progress in auto development. Part this problem probably stems from the fact that feminised autos are more desirable than feminised photos. I don't mind cracking a couple reg photos, chucking them in a room to veg and sex in small pots before deciding what to do. I don't want to pot an auto into a big pot to find out 3 weeks later it's a male, so I'd only buy the reg auto seeds if I had intentions to make crosses with them, so I guess there's less demand overall.

As for the outdoor problems with full photos not being able to complete based on the time period in the UK. Thats something I am planning on doing something about soon. I have grown my fair share of outdoor hardy photos and fast flowering photo that finish early even up north. Maybe its time to take the photos outdoor and really shake the debate up? But in all honesty all cannabis variations have a place and are their for valuable. Even them CBD ones and hemp. I hate them :furious: bit what ever you grow it must suit your needs and all our needs are different. :hippy:

large.IMG-20180910-WA0037.jpglarge.temporary_zps198c52b8.jpglarge.20180916_202635_20190429083351902.jpglarge.post-1463-0-39679400-1493211156.jpglarge.temporary_zps5f0256cd.jpg

• Like 2