Humidity - VPD - Hydro

Puffdiddy

large.AB741C22-C692-4D8D-93DB-BFDBBE7B3C8D.jpeg@desertshaman the humidity is here in this graph. My probe is just above the canopy right in the middle - the two pedestal fans blow the plants all over the gaff - air movement is huge man. I used the humidifier during veg - was great on lowest setting for 24/26 hours - it's off now. 

My lung is at 45/50 - but and I've just realised that's gone up as my prop tent and another temporary 1M2 tent is venting into the lung.

I got carried away and sprouted, cloned and just otherwise got busy 

Trying stuff out - 

I like the idea of multiple tubes next time - saw a grow with them laid out in between pots - plus side to the hot air fan is it lowers humidity I thought...

Roll on the next few weeks! Dying for a smoke of my own reef 

• Like 1

@Puffdiddy

plants look great and as you say plenty of air movement is the trick

can i please ask what system is that and what nutes your using, also can you exlain a little about your enviro controllers and fans etc, sorry for all the questions, you dont want an old apprentice do you l

@Puffdiddy nice one man. So yeah as you said humidity and temps go up together which is weird.. makes sense given what you said the the additional tents etc. It's easy to get carried away in this hobby isn't it?! I ended up with twenty clones... it was painful to bin the extras after spending so long rooting them!

Funny I've also just moved my clone tent into the room with the flower tent as I'm closer to harvest and need the space for a drying tent in the other room... I'm venting both tents into my lung room and intake from the open window...

I'm using two tube heaters in a 1*1 m2 tent.. I think 60 and 80 cm long... They work pretty well...

Good luck bro and hope you enjoy that first smoke big time..:hippy:

Ps ahh sorry I thought you meant two clip fans in the tent. I see now you meant those are blowing on the intakes.

Edited by desertshaman
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, 4kali said:

@Puffdiddy

plants look great and as you say plenty of air movement is the trick

can i please ask what system is that and what nutes your using, also can you exlain a little about your enviro controllers and fans etc, sorry for all the questions, you dont want an old apprentice do you l

Hi 4 

Thanks - yes they do look alright doing they! I got resin today SMILE!! 

The RDWC system is by Alien Hydroponics - I have the 8x58L Pots and 40L header feed from 500L Resi - the system hold 479L and today it dropped about 40mm (I need to ask my eldest daughter for help with the math, I think it's quite a lot) I keep the 3 part General Hydroponics nutrients between 19-21' using a chiller way to small for the system but I'm going to change it up soon and use this one elsewhere. I was feeding too high at an ec of 2.6 I've dropped that to 1.8 and my PH ranges from 5.9/6.5 depending on the weather. 

Extraction is the 8" Revolution V2 & Systemair CF - Passive intake from Lung (50%RH/19') 

The enviro controller is set as follows. 

Extraction

Humidity day 60% (was trying to reduce)

Night 50% 

Extraction watches heat and comes on if 1' over set value 

Ext1 set to heat 

Temp day 27 night 21

Hope that all makes sense?

Yes apprenticeships are welcome here - you need to bring a jar and not mind camping style brews and scenery 

J

• Like 3

thanks for taking the time to reply mate

it is very much appreciated, i would love to learn fully the art of growing in dwc  one day. im getting a bit to knackered  lumping bags of soil around  in my old age and not only that but i think its more environmentally ftiendly, i thinks im also going a bit soft in my old age, could i ask that if you do give any info out in the future then please tag me so i can learn, will be baby steps for me first mate, 

all the best

The plants look good. Like others say might be best not to change anything too much.

The way the buds look now 60rh is probably about right, for sure reducing to 50rh as they fatten up is the thing to do to avoid rot.

With the leds the max temperature can be higher, up to 30c and the plants might well like it more at 28.5c than 26.4.

Stretching can be reduced if the lights on temperature increases slowly, keeping it at the lights off temp for the first hour. 

• Like 1

@inceywinceyspider

thanks iws, that’s great advice, I did hear temps could go higher but thought that was just with CO2 - next run I’m going to take the intakes for the venturis out of the tent so I can add some CO2 - at the moment with the air being injected into the pots from the air in the tent the C02 would change to Carbonic Acid in the juice and screw things up royally - that info was thanks to a growmie here - may the Bud Gods shine on him/her/undecided/rathernotsay…

my stretch isn’t so bad , I was expecting more - that could have been down to the feed being to strong at 2.6 for most of the girls lives, dunno - I’ll have to check photos - maybe just about doubled certainly no more. I have another 650mm of headroom and tomorrow is start of week 4f. 
thanks again 

@4kali

yeah man - I’ll try to remember - I’m a real novice but have really sunk my attention into learning and trying - the waterworks seem to take a lot more looking after but none of it is heavy and yes not much comes and goes here - water is out the ground and waste is dumped and filtered through our waste waster system - It’s cleaned and then gets dumped into a brook - but it joins in with another pipe from dither up the lane , there’s only about 30 houses in the area but I will need to go and see the outlet pipe at some point - make sure there’s not a jungle of weed self seeding by the outlet … one can live in hope lol 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/04/2022 at 8:36 PM, KC said:

People have been growing amazing cannabis indoors for decades, I've only recently heard of vpd.

Or calmag tbh lol 

this 

I didn't worry about humidity with hid lighting, only with led I've found it's a thing that makes a significant difference.

• Like 1