Humidity - VPD - Hydro

Puffdiddy

large.E3D51FB7-C775-403D-A80C-917B1177AA06.jpegHi Growmies 

I'm having a small panic about keeping my environment bang on and wanted to ask for your tuppeny bits! 

I've got 8 - 58L pots with healthy plants just at W4 flower - My temps are 27* and 20* and very stable - Im using the GAS enviro controller with the Revolution V2 8” - I’ve tried to drop my humidity to 50% using the GAS but it won’t seem to pull it down below 60% - I’ve checked all my settings and as it gets to 62-63 heater kicks in (dry air blower) and humidity rises… I’m a bit stumped! Could it be my outside tent humidity is just to high ? I’m using passive intake through two vents 400mmx300mm and have two clip fans blowing at them. 
I have good NAP on tent walls but not daft bowing - fan is set 30% min 70% max - if I go higher than that / worried it’ll suck itself into some sort of black hole implosion.. 

hope this is making perfect sense to someone ! 

Pd

• Like 4

I am the same mate mine in the 70s can bring it down for shit even with 2 dehumidifiers but your plants look good we worry to much about trying to get every thing bang on all the time you end up with loads of stuff trying to conteract everything its a nightmare think temps ec and ph are the main things if i get them right i happy

• Like 1

@highgrower I was under the impression RH was super important - can you get good results with VPD off the mark? Guess when I'm jarred up I'll mess about a lot more - don't wanna screw up my first rodeo doh!! 

Thanks for the reply - appreciate it 

Just now, Puffdiddy said:

@highgrower I was under the impression RH was super important - can you get good results with VPD off the mark? Guess when I'm jarred up I'll mess about a lot more - don't wanna screw up my first rodeo doh!! 

Thanks for the reply - appreciate it 

I suppose if its really high but i been ok all i was worried about was bud rot never happened but i not that experienced others on here will know more than me but like highgrower says you can kill them with kindness 

• Like 1

60 to 65% RH is perfect for your current situation. Plants look great. Heaters kicking in as temps are dropping too low and warmer air can hold more humidity. I had to opt for a 50L dehumidifier in the end, only way of getting it down when I need to.

How long do you veg in pots that size?

1 hour ago, Puffdiddy said:

can you get good results with VPD off the mark?

People have been growing amazing cannabis indoors for decades, I've only recently heard of vpd.

Or calmag tbh lol 

• Like 4

@Baron von greenback it's growing for sure! Can't really guage it up against anything as it's first grow for 25 years and only my second Eva!! The lights are great! The little controller is great at turning them on and off lol £250 timer WTF was I thinking lol  I've started some other strains - should really start some diarys as I'm in there 10 x tines a day - you alright roots? What you got cooking?

Just now, Puffdiddy said:

@Baron von greenback it's growing for sure! Can't really guage it up against anything as it's first grow for 25 years and only my second Eva!! The lights are great! The little controller is great at turning them on and off lol £250 timer WTF was I thinking lol  I've started some other strains - should really start some diarys as I'm in there 10 x tines a day - you alright roots? What you got cooking?

You will thats system is the bollocks i nearly finished my first grow in my iws system and compared to soil its night and day so yours should be banging just flushing them going to put pics up theres moonrocks  future 1 black jack jack hereara and amnesia haze  biggest buds and dense i have grown just put in my clone tent cookies fast apollo bc thunder bannana blue moby diesel glue and purple kush and i entered the 420litre comp on here done a diary plus its the first time my plants have got color purply black which i buzzing about 

• Like 2

Hi @Puffdiddy..

Nice grow man! Plants look good. I've been following vpd charts as well and I reckon the humidifier in veg really helps. I haven't used it in flower because the humidity between the plants is quite high especially without defoliation. And for me it's more important to increase air flow than slow down the extraction to increase humidity. I had bud root last time as I had too many plants and it was heart breaking!  Where are you measuring humidity btw/where's the sensor placed?

Also I'm a bit confused ...I thought as hot air carries more water Rh will drop as temp rises. If I'm right and as yours goes up I bet the rh in the lung room is quite high. Have you tried tube heaters instead of blowers btw?

Your plants look great .. And I bet you're looking forward to a nice harvest soon! There's nothing like your own home grown...:skin_up:

Ps I would add more fans for airflow in the tent if you've only got 2..

Edited by desertshaman
Fans
  • Like 1