The Bog - 1st GG

ribenademon

large.north.jpg  Facing North

large.south.jpgFacing South

large_west.jpgLooking West

large_east.jpgLooking East

Spent forever looking with Google Earth and Sun Calc and other websites, finally found somewhere remote enough and hard enough to access I don't think anyone is going to stumble upon it. I only intend to grow a couple of plants at most as I am a one-man-band.

Water as you can see isn't going to be an issue, it is my first plot so *all criticism* welcome.

Next plan is dig small hole(s), fill in with compost, get some small seedlings and canes in over the next few weeks -probably three at most -maybe 2 Autos to begin and a photo to follow up with assuming the plot goes well.

We all start somewhere!

• Like 11

Just now, DJ pain 89 said:

Good luck and all the best mate this year my first GG too also got a diary up but I'll be following along!

Cheers! I'll be along to take a look your way, now!

• Like 2

Same as what the other dude said, can't offer you any advice as it's my first time outdoors too, but I'll be following your progress very closely :D

Best of lucky with your adventure, if nothing else, I hope you enjoy it :)

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, ribenademon said:

Next plan is dig small hole(s), fill in with compost,

They will just fill with water. Better to create an elevated growing bed, either by fixing together a few boards, using DPC or cutting bottom off plastic container.  

Fill with medium + slow release ferts and plant in that.  Roots need oxygen and there wouldn't be much of that in a waterlogged hole.  

To save labour id personally be using coir (dry blocks to expand on site), with added calcified seaweed at 5gpl + slow release osmocote type ferts, or if chicken manure etc if organic.  

Something like that...

large.5b3279b94bc51_Autorillo2.jpg

Good chance of the autos turning to mush unless they are particularly suited to outdoors.  Good luck  

• Like 11

Just now, Amarillo slim said:

They will just fill with water.

Hey dude !

do you remember the aliens with their instaplots ? I think the British transport police made them vanish but the idea was sound.

• Like 2

Just now, LA LUNA said:

Hey dude !

do you remember the aliens with their instaplots ? I think the British transport police made them vanish but the idea was sound.

Yeah was essentially swamp tubes made from tree protector cages lined with bottomless bin bag iirc?  Filled with amended verve, maybe an electrified copper collar.  

Shame they're not around these days, always enjoyed following their diaries.

• Like 4

Just now, Amarillo slim said:

Shame they're not around these days, always enjoyed following their diaries.

Yea, I miss their diaries too mate, proper weed growing adventures, I hope they’re both safe and well with whatever they’re doin :thumsup:

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Amarillo slim said:

Yeah was essentially swamp tubes

Swamp tubes ! That’s what I was thinking of :yep:

• Like 2