Heater for 1.2m2 tent

Trashedagain77

Underfloor heating on the   well known auction site is cheap enough with digital and/or wifi thermostats.

:yinyang:

• Like 2

Hey thanks for the replies everyone and sorry I didn't specify its a 1.2m2 tent 2m high and I think that the lower temps during the day in winter (I run my lights thru the night) have been causing me a few problems. I have considered both heat mats and tube heaters or oil filled rads so the replies suggest I'm looking in the right direction. I really do appreciate your help and expertise guys ta very much. Peace. 

• Like 2

On 13/04/2022 at 7:29 PM, mr rhino said:

When I was running my 1..2 I used a leccy blanket under tent and 2x135w tube heaters on a thermostat..

Kept everything nice and toasty :george:

Same here, but I've also got the two tube heaters plugged into an inkbird temp controller....keeps temps spot on.

And oil rads take too long to heat up and cool down, so not really suitable for growing.

• Like 3

• 5 months later...

If I were warming a space that big , it would be heat mats and 2 big tube heaters all linked to an Inkbird 306T (or 2) for thermostat duties. But I flower SCROG style so only have 1 big pot to keep happy. Rest of the space is then free for small USB (5v) circulatory fans. Might even wrap the tent in a thermal blanket for good measure. 

Underfloor foil or insulation won't be needed if you use a heatmat. 

• Like 1

@Ja1984 - I installed a WarmUp system when I renovated my loft. The WarmUp along with a pair of 5 foot tube heaters is doing well although I've only had it on for a couple of weeks so not sure how hard it is hammering the leccy. Got to be better than the 2K oil rad I had up there though

• Like 1

@J.C on the warmup what's the space between the wire and the actual edge of the foil and yeah its gotta be much better for the root system then an oil heater.

• Like 1

@Ja1984 - Not sure from memory but it isn't much. I went the whole hog and but thermo board down, then the WarmUp then lino and then my tent. Overkill but looks like it has worked

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 17/04/2022 at 3:01 PM, Herbal Kint said:

Might take you on that,price tho :ouch:

I have a temperature controlled radiator in my tent that is set to 25° and the fan and filter ect are on the smscom twin controller definitely not cheap to run but my girls only want the best I am getting ruffly 5oz a plant so they do help but I plan to scale down after the next lot have flowered but the radiator cost £500 and its expensive to run so I'm going to use my 2 small areas and close the 2 large areas down from Christmas for a few months my electric cost is about £6 a day just for 3 areas 5 lights and 2 full fan filter set ups with controlled electric radiator I think the radiator costs £2 a day alone and I am just trying to use a electric blanket for the roots see what happens now im still learning and playing with different techniques but I have 2 flower areas for any plants I am unsure about as I don't want to ruin my girls again electric cost is alot but the quality of the smoke is amazing compared to the rubbish on the street happy growing 

• Like 5

Kablewy,

£500 for a radiator :ermm:

That seems to be quite expensive for someone who keeps complaining about how much it costs to run their grow. 

Are you running(autos) the lighting in the flower areas 24hrs? @Grow lady

Atb 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Shumroom said:

Kablewy,

£500 for a radiator :ermm:

That seems to be quite expensive for someone who keeps complaining about how much it costs to run their grow. 

Are you running(autos) the lighting in the flower areas 24hrs? @Grow lady

Atb 

I'm not complaining about the costs of running my setup and I'm getting good results finally so I'm happy thanks and the heater runs 24hours but only turns on when the temperature is below 25° and off once the temperature is correct its been hard relearning the new led lights and the distance etc but I find that if you spend the money on getting decent equipment then things go well for your girls the heaters all digital and not so much really to run and I have 4 areas to use 2 which have everything my large area in loft is cold so I'm flowering my last 8 this week and I will close the area after for a few months but my last 2 girls gave me 8oz so I'm a big believer that you need to spend the money on getting decent kit or have problems 

Even if I put £60 into electric cost it's still cheaper and lots better quality than anything you can get on the street and I finally feel like I am getting somewhere and I'm growing photos not autos but still learning myself and playing with lst veg times ect and now I have upgraded my lights to leds maxibright led and marshydro my cost even with all 6 lights on is still not costing me as much as this time last year 

However the equipment was not cheap to buy and I am hoping that it lasts for a long time happy growing 

• Like 3

I use a underfloor heating mat hooked up to an inkbird plus an oil rad on a seperate stat. Overkill perhaps, the coming months leccy bills will decide on whether I need them both lol

Temp controlled extraction is a must with heaters imo. Slow that extraction right down when the rads are on so you don't suck all that warm air away!

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, BushDoctoR said:

I use a underfloor heating mat hooked up to an inkbird plus an oil rad on a seperate stat. Overkill perhaps, the coming months leccy bills will decide on whether I need them both lol

Temp controlled extraction is a must with heaters imo. Slow that extraction right down when the rads are on so you don't suck all that warm air away!

@ im just attempting to see if electric blanket is cheaper or can maintain the temperature but both my flowering areas are on twin hybrid controller and out fan set low im lucky cos I can use the warmer smaller area when it's really cold I just don't want to run out before the next ones are ready but I have veg area so 12 weeks max waiting for the next ones usually it's 5/6 weeks max wait happy growing 

• Like 3

Use a thermostat with the electric blanket tobcontrol temp and try and keep pots raised a little of it to avoid it damaging roots. Oil raids are shite but I also dont like the idea of slowing the air down to maintain temperature as they need air flow more the merrier as long as the roots are warm the temp isn't critical I have a twin controller pro but I dont like to use it. 

• Like 1