My first indoor grow. Blackberry gum (Auto)

OutDoor_Grower85

Evening all, I thought I would give indoor growing a go. I purchased a complete set up, it’s only small but wanted to see how I got on. 

Lumatek Attis 200watt led full spectrum 

60x60x140 tent

clover compost

I’m late starting this diary so here is what’s happened so far. 

Popped the bean straight into a Peat pot, then ordered  grow equipment (first mistake) she popped up 48 hours later. I had some small 40watt lights so wasn’t the end of the world for a couple of days but my stuff was delayed :wallbash: anyway she grew fairly well considering. I then put her into a pot and just watered every 3rd day or so. I then realised my pot was not big enough so needed to order some more. By this time I had my tent up and running but knowing I shouldn’t really move an auto I was left with no choice. Moved her and the next day she was not good! So I lost about 5 days waiting for her to recover (annoying a few people with a lot of messages) but I stuck with it and now she is doing ok. Week 4 

large.5191DC62-3EA5-4293-885C-E9E8203A206B.jpeglarge.4340304C-8F64-485F-8F20-E35B2485645C.jpeglarge.40407AFA-7258-42E0-AEA0-51CE705D4084.jpeglarge.A887E7A2-63DF-4DCD-B5B9-05E7B55FB897.jpeglarge.5EE7EBF7-5A58-4EE1-B801-103BE9EDE6BC.jpeglarge.59CF5F83-F4B0-47F5-986C-76619C3203BE.jpeglarge.07C28F85-C5BA-4597-9119-322919A7A812.jpeg

Thanks for reading. I’ll pop back with updates. :smokin:

• Like 13

large.B4D5DDD1-97F5-4163-97ED-EDB2F5F5307E.jpeglarge.406186B6-1D2D-427F-BE16-5E25C40CEE10.jpegJust a quick update. She is coming along nicely I think. Start of week 5 tomorrow and it looks like she is in early flower. 

I have  had to go to 24/7 lights as the temp dropped too much with lights out it doesn’t seem to be hurting her too much. She has grown nearly 90mm in 3 days. 

@frank0420 cheers pal. Hope your getting alright with your grow. 

I fed a little too strong hence the leaf curling on some of the leafs so it’s been plain water for a few days. She is peeking back up. I’ll start with some canna Terra Flores in the next week or so. 

• Like 3

large.CE5DD8BC-4DA1-4306-B7CD-17AFAA657D12.jpeglarge.8E58EEB2-EAE2-4916-BE9D-0F9C8423CD9C.jpeglarge.13856CB2-0E8B-48D5-BA77-E406C826E2A1.jpegI’m very surprised at how much and fast she is growing now just after a couple of days.

I have LST a couple of branches to try and maximise bud site exposer she seems to have loved this. I also defoliated some of the massive fan leafs. 

Still only got the light on 60% power I think it’s enough being in such a small grow tent. :smokin:

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...

large.DE4662AF-E664-4F2B-8C02-FB40D9CBE0DC.jpegEvening, this week has not been good really. The blackberry gum is not liking something. The leafs are all looking a tad sad. I’m at a bit of a loss really. Bud’s are forming and she is still growing. 

I have added a small fan to move the air about in the tent to see if that helps improve things. 

I have been watering 500mil roughly every other day when the top inch is dry. Also being in a fabric pot the bottom is not wet or moist so I’m sure water isn’t pooling at the bottom

Edited by OutDoor_Grower85
  • Like 2

It sounds like she(Blackberry Gum) needs a proper watering to get the entire pot moist ;) 

When a pot of soil becomes dry,

it'll usually take around 20 - 30% of the pot volume to saturate the medium.

For a long time I never realised how important it was to get good at watering,

i used to be in too much of a hurry to just throw some water at them(not literally) and let them get in with it :) 

As I'm sure you're probably aware(or finding out),

autos can be fussy as fuck so take care not to overwater too :D 

Atb

:yinyang:

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Shumroom said:

It sounds like she(Blackberry Gum) needs a proper watering to get the entire pot moist ;) 

When a pot of soil becomes dry,

it'll usually take around 20 - 30% of the pot volume to saturate the medium.

For a long time I never realised how important it was to get good at watering,

i used to be in too much of a hurry to just throw some water at them(not literally) and let them get in with it :) 

As I'm sure you're probably aware(or finding out),

autos can be fussy as fuck so take care not to overwater too :D 

Atb

:yinyang:

Thanks mate, yeah it’s been a learning curve for sure. I overwatered at the start and I think I gone the other way now Tbf I have a good watering yesterday and I will give another good watering again tomorrow. 

I ordered 16ltr pots for my outside grow so put her in one of those, (spare of the moment purchase the indoor setup) I think that’s made it all a little harder too. 

The more I read other diary’s with blackberry gum it seems it doesn’t mind a good dose of feed also so I may do that. Who knows lol 

Certainly a massive learning cure that’s for sure. 

I have two other in the tent. Santa Marta haze and Moby Dick they seem to be doing ok (at the moment)

I really appreciate the advice bro. :smokin:

Afternoon!

She is now at the start of week 7 she is looking a little better still not great but I think it is what it is. 

Buds are forming nicely now so hopefully i will get a decent amount off her.

The one thing I have noticed is they don’t smell to fresh! RH is 40% So I don’t know what else I can do if anything.

Any way some pics below. 

Enjoy the week and be safe! :skin_up:large.28C4B858-C215-4A63-B8CA-5A10FD5CCE93.jpeglarge.6B2C5021-795D-4906-BF77-6E7EFE013B78.jpeglarge.7CA0E5AC-7327-4E6D-B2DD-3E29FB909427.jpeglarge.EE19BD37-182C-43D1-AAAF-5A19709153C9.jpeg

• Like 1

Hey bud, looking good! I wouldn't worry about the smell at this stage as there aren't even any trichomes really, will change a lot in the coming weeks I'm sure

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Yo yo yo mother truckers!

Been  mad busy the last week or so, just a quick update. The bb gum isn’t the  prettiest Of plants, but she is moving along nicely.

The buds are really sticky and smell very sweet. It’s the beginning of week 9 I still think it’s a couple more weeks off. 

Any way happy growing until next time! :skin_up:large.6C6DC580-E10A-454D-B65C-31870B4A9D46.jpeglarge.41D27503-61FC-48D6-945B-653674A1C149.jpeg

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, Killuminati7 said:

Hey bud I might be wrong but that looks like light stress on those top leave tips and curling in ? Atb. :smokin:

Hey @Killuminati7 thanks for stopping by. 

I think your right, I have turned the light down too 80% and moved it up  about a week ago it has got better. But to be honest I think it was battered from early on, I had troubles lol first indoor grow, overwatered, under-watered, over fed the lot you name it I done it lol the buds are forming nice and fattening up alright. (Should be a decent smoke) 

I popped two other seeds and have more or less left them to there own devices and they are doing ok at the moment. 

:skin_up:

• Like 2