Old horticulturist New member

popespliff

Hello all ,

Just retired from a life growing plants to pay the mortgage and bring up the kids. Now i can grow the plants i really like . Grew my first dope plant back when i was 16 ( over 45 years ago when the only seeds available were the ones that came with the weed we smoked.

Over the past 35 years i have run my own Nursery and achived 7 RHS Chelsea Gold medals ....but believe me im far ,far removed from the Establishment . I have bred many plants over the years , some of which have won RHS awards of Garden Merit,

For my spare time i hope to grow some Greenhouse or outside plants to specimen standard and will be talking to them Dailly.

I have started some Dutch Passion  Durban Poison and have some Skywalker Haze Auto to sow this Easter .

Nothing fancy in the way of compost ,fertiliser or equipment this year just John Innes no 3 and some Miricle Grow

• Like 21

Welcome to the site. 

With your CV it won't be long before you're neck deep in it mate :yep:  I'm looking forward to seeing your contributions. 

• Like 7

Welcome to the forum dude, it's good ere! 

I work in a little nursery myself and absolutely love it , also I've just started dabbling in a few bits and bobs to do with the Chelsea show which I'm finding surprisingly stressful given I'm only growing cymbalaria muralis lol

See you around the boards :yep:

:yinyang:

• Like 6

30 minutes ago, GSZZ said:

Welcome to the site. 

With your CV it won't be long before you're neck deep in it mate :yep:  I'm looking forward to seeing your contributions. 

Thanks GSZZ . So exciting to be growing something useful .

Just now, RUFUS HOUND said:

Hi and welcome.

we will be expecting great things  to come from those green fingers

Thanks Rufus . Good weather as important as green fingers . Looking forward to getting sticky fingers in a green way .

24 minutes ago, BilgePump said:

Welcome to the forum dude, it's good ere! 

I work in a little nursery myself and absolutely love it , also I've just started dabbling in a few bits and bobs to do with the Chelsea show which I'm finding surprisingly stressful given I'm only growing cymbalaria muralis lol

See you around the boards :yep:

:yinyang:

Had a little dope seedling on my Chelsea display one year . Only a very small seedling at cotyledon stage but it was there to see but no one did . It was surrounded by moss :) 

17 minutes ago, Hubbabubba said:

Welcome. that’s an impressive CV you quoted.:)

Thanks Hubbabubba  . I feel like a beginner again after seeing the quality crops being grown by members of this forum . I have a lot to learn from the Weed geeks ( is this a phrase)

• Like 7

Welcome @popespliff

Who needs those RHS awards when you've got the UK420 Cream Of The Crop to contend with. :bong:

It will be interesting to see your outdoor grow mate. All the best with it

• Like 4

11 hours ago, popespliff said:

Hello all ,

Just retired from a life growing plants to pay the mortgage and bring up the kids. Now i can grow the plants i really like . Grew my first dope plant back when i was 16 ( over 45 years ago when the only seeds available were the ones that came with the weed we smoked.

Over the past 35 years i have run my own Nursery and achived 7 RHS Chelsea Gold medals ....but believe me im far ,far removed from the Establishment . I have bred many plants over the years , some of which have won RHS awards of Garden Merit,

For my spare time i hope to grow some Greenhouse or outside plants to specimen standard and will be talking to them Dailly.

I have started some Dutch Passion  Durban Poison and have some Skywalker Haze Auto to sow this Easter .

Nothing fancy in the way of compost ,fertiliser or equipment this year just John Innes no 3 and some Miricle Grow

Holy shitballs…. You come with serious pedigree pal! I’m looking forward with baited breath for your contributions on here.

I’m guessing your going to start crossing yourself to get what you want? IE Durban Passion…. I’ll get my coat :) 

Just don’t get too baked and take one to Chelsea not sure that’s the right clientele lol 

I would usually wish you good luck but you definitely don’t need it and I’ll be following to see how a proper grower does it, or should I say horticulturist!

• Like 3

12 hours ago, popespliff said:

Good weather as important

welcome to the site brother

are you primarily an indoors, or outdoors grower. both?

mystic

• Like 2

hello mr popespliff,, welcome to the site, will you still be showing at the chelsea flower show this year, would half them 

know what a duban poison is , or a nice little indica lol im sure you will help us guys on other issues , kind regards geogeo

• Like 1

Welcome to the site @popespliff

I am also a Chelsea gold winner but as part of a college when was at pershore many moons ago!!

More of a park's and gardens type myself though been involved in the introduction of large scale plant production/introduction from clone when surfinia was first licenced from Japan into Europe in the early 90s.

Enough of the cv let's talk weed!

By your strain choices I assume you're into being high rather than Stoned?

Have you grown pot successfully before? Ie know about light cycles and such?

Im sure you will have everything you will need to hand,some airy compost,maybe a little q4 and uk420 on your side and you will be golden im sure.

Regards

Stu

• Like 2