It’s the new guy!!

Ecto

8 hours ago, Ecto said:

Thanks brother 

Good luck start with a indica plant small and easy to control sativas grow large and droopy harder work welcome to site go with @Ledgrowlights-Adam for your light mate top draw 

• Like 3

On 10/04/2022 at 9:04 PM, Ecto said:

is buying individually better??

yes

and welcome to the site

mystic

@Ecto welcome. 

as others have said- you’ll have better luck posting questions in the specific sub forums they apply to.

Regarding strain choices- (this is just my opinion) I would encourage you to start with photo period plants as opposed to autos. Some people know what they’re doing with autos. I’ve never been one of those people. My experience with them has been highly variable with results all over the place. Some folks would echo that statement while other have really great results. 

I make the suggestion because autos are on a mission from the moment they germinate. And ham-fisted fuckups you cause (and, as a new grower, you probably will. We all do it. I still do it.) may be something that the plant will not recover from. Photo plants can be held in veg to correct any issues caused. And you’ll start out, off the rip, working with plants that force you to understand how to control your light cycle. 

As others have stated, I would not encourage a REAL straight Sativa for a first time grower. I just finished a Landrace Africa Sativa that flowered for something like 14-16 weeks and yielded fuck all. It’s a big time vampire and will not be a quickly rewarding experience. You very well may lose interest due to time elapsed. 

c99 from FDM (seeds are probably available in the store here) may be a good choice. It’s alleged to be a fast flowering, Sativa leaning hybrid. I would also suggest the “breeders packs” from FDM. I’ve had a couple of great plants from the bubblegum breeders pack. They’re a great bargain, you get surprises in the plants since they’re mystery crosses, and they are all quality genetics. It’s not junk shit fuckup seeds. 

Alternately, or in addition, check out the “announcements” section under “free seeds for subscribers.” 

consider subscribing, maybe. It helps keep the lights on around here and you get the bonus of choosing some free seeds made by the good folks here. The benefit of that is that they’re typically of good quality AND you have the ability to speak directly with whoever bred them in almost real time here. 

Welcome aboard and welcome to the fun. You’ll be scraping spare change together to buy seeds in no time. 

Most of us have a bit of a seed collecting “problem.”   Maybe “Hobby” is a better word. I’ve never opened a mason jar full of dope seeds and thought it was a problem lol

• Like 2