It’s the new guy!!

Ecto

Hey, 

Where is the best place to buy what we require to grow?? Are these grow tent kits worth the money or is buying individually better?? Want to try and grow one plant in a tent in my shed about 600mm x 600mm x 1200mm space I have made, many thanks to anyone who replies 

• Like 5

One tree horticulture.  Site sponsor.  The kits are generally shite and you will end up replacing each bit as soon as you can. 

Welcome mate and happy growing!

I'd research everything you need and buy and then buy it separately. The all in one deals are not worth it. 

It's best to buy the best you can. It does make a difference. 

• Like 5

Thanks brother, so far I’ve shortlisted Amnesia Haze auto seeds from barneys 

budbox lite 60x60x140 tent 

Spider farmer SF1000 LED grow light

• Like 1

Hi and welcome :) 

I was about to buy one of those kits at around the time I found this place. A year later and there's literally nothing in that kit that I would want in my tent lol It's worth taking a few weeks or months soaking up information from these pages. You'll see what successful growers are actually using, not what a sales guy tells you that you need. Good luck :D 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, fatboy77 said:

What made you choose that strain and breeder? 

Just saw the advert on this site and wanted a high energy sativa 

• Like 1

I'd start a new thread asking for help on that one.  Sativas aren't really for me, I don't have the time.  But I've heard great things about Ace, Barney's not so much. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @Ecto and welcome mate. I'm a sativa grower myself though I grow outdoors. I highly recommend Ace seeds for Sativas, but would add that if it's your first ever grow indoors then a quick flowering plant might be a better choice, at least until you have a little more experience with indoor growing. Sativas are renowned for being harder to grow than indicas or hybrids and they stretch like mad. Best of luck with your grow

@Hombre del Monte thanks for the advice, may try another then, on another point I’m getting way confused with all the different lights and ventilation etc, I got a bud box 80x80x160cm that’s all so far and only going to try 1 plant for starters, plan was a 400w hps/mh and then 5inch exhaust fan with carbon filter and ducting straight of a vent on side of my shed and then a 4inch inlet fan again with duct and vent to outside of shed to bring fresh air in! Any idea if this would be sufficient 

@Ecto, I'm not the best person to advise on ventilation as I've been out of the loop with indoor growing for some years now; sorry

• Like 1

Hello and welcome your shed setup should be fine as it warming up now u will probably need a heater ,heat mat etc still u could bring warmer air in from the house ? Start off simple your get the hang of it after first couple grows . Gud luck.   :bong:

• Like 1