Switching from hps to led

Mabawza

Guest Default Attribute

I started using a scopex 350 led last april, few grows went great then since the winter came been having nothing but problems. Think i sorted it now with heat mats but definitely worth considering, im spending a lot more heating this than I ever did when using HPS                

I think I've been very lucky with my move and it's not been plain sailing.

When I started looking into the leds I could see that they were a game changer, finally my dream of having enough light was here, I wanted a piece of it.

I want to grow Thai type plants indoors and the hid lights are not really quite bright enough.

I obtained some seeds from a place called Kasi in northern Laos so I started looking to see how much light they got there.

I found a page called 'optimal light intensity' on an American company's site, mammoth lighting, on that page were two links, one to a map that provides daily light integral figures by location and date and another was to an academic paper that provides all the information needed in regard to optimal environment for photosynthesis in cannabis. If only I could work out how to do links on my phone. :cowboy:

In the end I got my lights off a retiring grower, cleaned off the blood, sweat, tears and resin (with h2o and ipa) and I am lucky the ventilation has worked out after a lot of changing intake and extraction fans in and out.

What has helped massively is seeing what the people ahead of me have done and their advice to others, most of them have posted on this thread, so I'll just say thanks a lot lot lot everybody. :yep:

• Like 3