Panty Punch (fem)

Tegridy Farms

@Tegridy Farms looking lovely in there mate. What issues are you having with the Blumats? I think I've managed to make just about every mistake possible with them by niw and then learned the solution, although fair enough if you CBA with persevering with them. 

• Like 1

@MindSoup Thanks for checking in bud.

They're just a pain dialing them in, especially in these air pots. Plants have definitely suffered some under watering and don’t seem to respond to the nutes the same way as when hand watering them.

Usually they’re my go to growers tool, but we seem to be drifting apart lately lol 

I can honestly say I’ve never really had any other issues with them, I’ve never flooded my tent….touch wood.

• Like 4

@Gaijin thanks mate.

To be honest, thinking about it, This grow has flown by.

I focus more upon the ppfd my plants are getting, and use either distance or power to control that.

Seedlings get around 300ppfd

Veg I take it up to roughly 400-500ppfd

and then in flower no more than 750ppfd

but that’s very strain dependant.

• Like 4

Easy to read and informative diary.

Thanks a lot 

Growing in Coco using canna nutes but fancy to try dirt so will follow with interest.

Do you pH your nutes or don't bother?

Thanks

• Like 1

@Ccs141 I’m not a huge auto fan, but this strain is defo worth a look at if you get the opportunity. I’ve just been to check the plants and they’re turning some lovely colours.

@CDF20 Thanks mate, I’ve never grown in coco, always done soil, but I will be looking into it soonish.

As for ph’ing nutes, not in soil, as long as your using a decent enough compost, the compost should buffer the ph. Trying to adjust ph in soil tends to cause more problems.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Tegridy Farms said:

@Gaijin thanks mate.

To be honest, thinking about it, This grow has flown by.

I focus more upon the ppfd my plants are getting, and use either distance or power to control that.

Seedlings get around 300ppfd

Veg I take it up to roughly 400-500ppfd

and then in flower no more than 750ppfd

but that’s very strain dependant.

Ahhhh I see. So your numbers are a rough guide, but a good starting point for any strain, I'd guess? And then work the ppfd either up or down depending on the plants' reactions as you go. I really should go and find that thread of Mindsoup's, where he has the maths for converting the readings from a cheap inaccurate PAR meter into correct figures. I think someone somewhere compared the cheap version with one of the high end models and worked out the math. 

How do you judge your ppfd, if you don't mind me asking? Did you sell your soul to Apogee? lol They're not cheap, are they lol  Or do you just know your lights that well? 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Tegridy Farms said:

just a pain dialing them in

When you adjust are you keeping nto the max one notch at a time and then wait 24hrs before the next adjustment? It takes a good while for the change to come into effect.

Tbf though if hand watering isn't too inconvenient then I'd say carry on as you are. I much prefer hand watering, I find it therapeutic and the extra time spent with the plants usually means you spot issues sooner, if I didn't go away so often I'd be hand watering for sure. 

• Like 2

Thanks for answering, mate. 

I ask as I checked Canna terra feed schedule and they recommend pH ing between 5.8 and 6.2 

Also, seen Canuck's videos on shittube he adjusting his pH in living soil also.

Will follow your advice and see how the plant react

Thanks again 

Edited by CDF20
Grammar
  • Like 1

@Gaijin I’ve been using photone for about a year now, and getting pretty accurate results. No way am I paying that much for a light meter. 
I’ve been toying around with the height and intensity for a while now and found that 60cm seems to get the best coverage, and adjust intensity from there. I’d quite happily raise my light by 10cm now if I had any head room left.

@MindSoup Now that you’ve said it, no that’s the only instruction I’ve deviated from lol  never turned them more than 3 notches though. 

Like yourself, I do prefer to hand water them, you definitely connect with them more. The main reason for me getting blumats in the first place was having the tent open long enough to water them etc absolutely stinks the bedroom, something the mrs never seems to find too funny. So they worked perfect for that. 

@CDF20 no problem mate. The issue with feeding charts is they tell you to use stuff you don’t really need, and to use more than you need. £££. Ask any dirt grower on here and they’ll all say the same, never ph in soil. Ph’ing in coco is essential.

• Like 5

Thanks. That makes compost/soil grow hassle free. 

Edited by CDF20
cat stepped on keyboard
  • Like 2

@CDF20 pretty sure Cannock uses coco as his base for living soil, so maybe that's why he PHs, bit of an odd mash up of styles really but it does seem to work for him. Either way, in compost its not necessary. 

• Like 3

On 07/06/2022 at 0:13 AM, Gaijin said:

I really should go and find that thread of Mindsoup's, where he has the maths for converting the readings from a cheap inaccurate PAR meter into correct figures.

Photone may have improved, but at the time this was the most accurate way to measure PPFD on the cheap.

• Like 3