Grafting one plant to another

Just now, NezA said:

The work around for that @Thai Stick would be to store spare cuts of each cultivar in the fridge as back ups. You just need to remember to bin and refresh them every so often, unrooted snips wouldn't count towards plant numbers I think between the 2 techniques there's a real solution for people who have limited space and any who are worried about numbers. 

I think there's real potential here I'm probably going to give it a go I might even do a write up when I do it

Yes cold storage is great.

So far 3 months is the longest i have kept cuts in the fridge and successfully rooted them.

Shame it wasn't in my techniques list 12 years ago.

A funny one that happened to me recently.

I lost all my mothers. lol

Couldnt figure out what was killing them.

Turned out it was fucking ants!!!

I never noticed the buggers had made a tiny hole in the grout of the tiled floor, straight up through the tent and into the fabric pots.

As they came from straight under i just never noticed.

Joys of the tropics! :rofl:

• Like 4

It wont really work grafting you need time for them to bond and recover from shock thats why its only used on trees really i have a cherry tree in my allotment which is alive but the upper growth is not good so i am going to try grafting a few diffrent branches from another donor cherry tree onto it going to do a bit off a diary in the allotment section if anyone intrested its the same with scions and rootstocks it would work on mother plants that are going to be kept for a long period

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

In lots of countries you go to Jail for having more than 1 plant.

1 plant is tolerated,just a fine for 1 plant

so therefore for legal reasons 1 plant with a few strians Grafted on to it will keep a person/grower on the correct side of the Law and loads of top notch Weed.

Grafting plants is a must in lots of situations, and a good skill to have under you belt.

Try Grafting back on to the same plant for practice.

Edited by Skunkman.uk
Spelling mistake
  • Like 1
On 26/05/2022 at 0:27 AM, Wacky Wardrobe said:

Like this:

Yes Wacky,cool video, that's one way of grafting. 

You can practice on the same plant with 1 graft

On 02/04/2022 at 11:04 PM, Baron von greenback said:

It wont really work grafting you need time for them to bond and recover from shock thats why its only used on trees really i have a cherry tree in my allotment which is alive but the upper growth is not good so i am going to try grafting a few diffrent branches from another donor cherry tree onto it going to do a bit off a diary in the allotment section if anyone intrested its the same with scions and rootstocks it would work on mother plants that are going to be kept for a long period

Hi Baron

A Graft will recover from shock the same time as a clone.

And a Graft will bond at the same rate it takes a clone to root.

I encourage people to become better growers,

How difficult is it to Graft back on to the same Plant just for practice 

Edited by Skunkman.uk
Spelling mistake
Guest anarchycamp

Practice and the space to practice many don't have unfortunately. Which countries have this 1 plant rule??

On 27/05/2022 at 9:06 AM, anarchycamp said:

Practice and the space to practice many don't have unfortunately. Which countries have this 1 plant rule??

Anarchycamp

Lots of countries just about tolerate 1 plant and give just a fine for 1 plant 

More than 1 plant and its Jail and a fine,there is too many countries to list

In lots of countries its guaranteed Jail even if it's a 1 Plant Grow. 

And you don't need extra space to Graft a small branch back onto the same plant, (take a clone and Graft it back onto the same plant for practice)

That's my understanding 

I could imagine this coming in handy if you only have space for one decent size plant and you have a mate with loads of different cuts he could give you lol

• Like 1

You'd have to have a tidy (ish) space, you ain't grafting on to a spindly little mum under a couple of watts of households lol

• Like 1
On 02/04/2022 at 11:04 PM, Baron von greenback said:

It wont really work grafting you need time for them to bond and recover from shock thats why its only used on trees

You can get grafted veg plants from all over the place it's not just for trees.

• Like 1
  • 11 months later...

Seen some grafted vegetable plants being sold today - claiming more yield and faster fruiting.......apparently high yielding plant is grafted to a strong rooted plant and this is the result

If this is the case I'm thinking I freshly taken cut (or in this case top half of mother plant) could be grafted to a freshly cut plant if you kept the lower branches on?

• Like 1