Growers ark soft water and calmag

GA should be able to tell you exactly how much calmag to add for every 1ml/l you reduce their feed by.

5 minutes ago, Niallk said:

do you think .2 ec of calmag would be ok to be on the safe side if I’m not feeding @ 4m/l? 

No mate, the numbers in GA feeds are very well balanced. Why would you not feed 4ml? What you're doing isn't giving you the results you desire, stop doing it and change. 4ml will give your plants what they require. 

Here is one I have in now on 4ml bloom, its week 5

large.DSC_0132.jpg

What is the issue with 4ml?

• Like 1

Just now, Oldbear said:

No mate, the numbers in GA feeds are very well balanced. Why would you not feed 4ml? What you're doing isn't giving you the results you desire, stop doing it and change. 4ml will give your plants what they require. 

Here is one I have in now on 4ml bloom, its week 5

large.DSC_0132.jpg

What is the issue with 4ml?

Just worried it will burn the plants mate but it’ll take your advice cheers!

not all strains are the same and some will like it, others will burn.

this was 3ml max

large.620a31ff63a70_pupsxxxsmall1402.jpg

Edited by ratdog

Just now, Oldbear said:

That's probably why all your plants end up the same dude. 

e2a, sorry, it was 3.5ml, just checked the diary

my plants don't all end up the same, that's very different from calmag def.

this is a different plant in the same tent at the same time

large.620a32000108f_sapphirescout21402.j

all the plants had some tip burn after i raised the feed, but dropped it back and they finished fine.

so what do you think it is?

Edited by ratdog

@ratdog

It's more than 1 thing, the fact you don't know yet still proffer up advice speaks volumes. Learn about plants mate, dont just regurgitate ad nauseum about feeds and bloody calmag. Until you actually know what's going on with your own grows maybe don't advise anyone else. 

:yinyang:

53 minutes ago, Oldbear said:

the fact you don't know yet still proffer up advice speaks volumes.

here we go again.

ok old wise one, how about you lay off the crap and instead of saying things like " That's probably why all your plants end up the same dude. " tell me what's wrong.

personally i think it's classic nute burn, but you obviously know better, so tell me instead of giving me a dressing down lol

5 minutes ago, ratdog said:

personally i think it's classic nute burn, but you obviously know better, so tell me instead of giving me a dressing down lol

Look mate, I'm not here to fix your thinking. Until you understand what's going on inside your plant and outside in your environment there is no solution. I've read many threads where people, including mods, gave you solid advice and it's been ignored. 

How long did it take you to test your water? Now you know more than GA about their nutes? Seriously check your thinking and maybe realise that your answer isn't fixing it. 

As for what it is, start by upping your RH to more like 60% then see what's actually wrong. 

i'm sorry for my attitude earlier @Oldbear i've got covid atm and my reasoning is off. you are right about me having issues with GA, i think they are good nutes but i had a couple of root problems while trying to adjust to it, and it's thrown me completely (i had the probe in the wrong place cooking the roots the first time, second the stat failed, and they got cold causing lockout like cal def) , my environment is pretty sweet now so i need to trust the nutes. now knowing you and the other poster can use the nutes at higher levels, i will give mine a shot again at higher doses :yinyang:

• Like 2

On 01/04/2022 at 9:49 AM, OddNut said:

@NiallkThat’s a hell of a lot of feed to be giving. I’m pretty sure it will be way too strong at 4ml/l even in heavy flower. My last run I topped out at around 2.5m/l ish if I remember rightly 

Under HID I would run at 3ml/l, now under LED I am running as high as 4ml/l. This is in the 1.4 - 1.6 range, HID was 1.2 - 1.4 ec. 

• Like 1

Just now, GSZZ said:

Under HID I would run at 3ml/l, now under LED I am running as high as 4ml/l. This is in the 1.4 - 1.6 range, HID was 1.2 - 1.4 ec. 

just done a quick test with the grow a+b 5ml/l with my water is only 1.2 on the truncheon 

i been growing dope now for a few yrs,water / soiless/ mud/  tbh my water is very soft E.C is 0.1 + ive never needed cal / mag in my career.... its a pure myth imho + i stand on it :yes:  just another waste of money thats my take on it. :thumbdown: