Growers ark soft water and calmag

My background ec is 0.1 I use growers ark soft water and haven’t run into and cal mag issues yet in 8? Years of using it 

• Like 1

Emailed growers ark yesterday and they confirmed I won’t need to add any calmag with my water as long as I use feed at 4ml/l 

@NiallkThat’s a hell of a lot of feed to be giving. I’m pretty sure it will be way too strong at 4ml/l even in heavy flower. My last run I topped out at around 2.5m/l ish if I remember rightly 

• Like 1

Just now, OddNut said:

@NiallkThat’s a hell of a lot of feed to be giving. I’m pretty sure it will be way too strong at 4ml/l even in heavy flower. My last run I topped out at around 2.5m/l ish if I remember rightly 

I was thinking that myself mate. I’ve read a few diary’s in here and a don’t think any of them have went above 2.5 

23 hours ago, Niallk said:

as I’ve had constant issues with it in the past

hope you find a working tec, as im just getting over (I hope) a calcium issue myself

mystic

4 minutes ago, mysticriver said:

hope you find a working tec, as im just getting over (I hope) a calcium issue myself

mystic

it’s plagued me since I started this shit mate. Frustrating as fuck. 

1 minute ago, Niallk said:

it’s plagued me since I started this shit mate. Frustrating as fuck. 

ive similar sentiments bro

mystic

2 hours ago, mysticriver said:

ive similar sentiments bro

mystic

The best thing I done was get my water tested mate saves all the guesswork 

20 hours ago, Niallk said:

saves all the guesswork 

I use reverse osmosis water + cal mag now

mystic

On 01/04/2022 at 9:49 AM, OddNut said:

My last run I topped out at around 2.5m/l ish if I remember rightly 

i think you mentioned this before, and a couple others said something similar.

4ml/l is crazy, i never got that high lol

i've been back using fishmix and calmag and the plants look great atm

ignore the fron right ones as they have been having a strop and are recovering, but the rest were showing signs of def at 2.5ml so i swapped back again. the rear right is a shivaberry that i have taken a load of cuts today and will be running that one as it seems the strongest, best smoke and not to bloody tall

large.624858d05c5cf_plants242022.jpg

• Like 2

Guest Default Attribute

I always use ga bloom at 5ml once i get to week 3 or 4thats with disco biscuit though i think my cut is a heavy feeder 

On 01/04/2022 at 8:35 AM, Niallk said:

Emailed growers ark yesterday and they confirmed I won’t need to add any calmag with my water as long as I use feed at 4ml/l 

The reason for that is the amount of Ca & Mg in their mix. At 4ml/lt it keeps your ratio right for P & K uptake. You also need the higher K in mid to late flower to avoid "finger buds". 

If you're feeding below this and its mid flower, check the lower fan leaves for browning. I'll bet you find them, because more Mg is needed as they flower to a finish. 

:yinyang:

5 hours ago, Oldbear said:

The reason for that is the amount of Ca & Mg in their mix. At 4ml/lt it keeps your ratio right for P & K uptake. You also need the higher K in mid to late flower to avoid "finger buds". 

If you're feeding below this and its mid flower, check the lower fan leaves for browning. I'll bet you find them, because more Mg is needed as they flower to a finish. 

:yinyang:

do you think .2 ec of calmag would be ok to be on the safe side if I’m not feeding @ 4m/l?