Dexso Dimethyl Ether Organic Solvent

MindSoup

DEXSO DIMETHYL ETHER ORGANIC SOLVENT 

"This organic dimethyl ether (DME) gas is ideally suited for the extraction of finest natural oils. The benefit starts with the extraction process: DME is less explosive and therefore safer than butane. Moreover, it is not toxic, so it is also used in the food industry and in the medical technology for extraction.

A purity of 99.9 % is guaranteed. In addition, this Organic Solvent allows quick extraction process and is extremely efficient: Compared to butane gas it requires only about one third of the amount for an extraction.

Trust us, this produces insane results"

Saw this on a leaflet from a headshop delivery. Anyone given it a go? 

• Like 2

I've had extract made with dexso but never used it myself.

Was some lovely terpy honey oil mind , not like the butane soup my guy usually serves up.

:yinyang:

• Like 1

Just looked at the msds and it's extremely dangerous and not for consumer use. It is extremely flammable and respiratory contact can cause frostbite in the lungs, causing respiratory arrest. It says (from BOC) it is not for consumer use. Containers can explode near heat.

https://www.boconline.co.uk/en/images/dimethylether_tcm410-632899.pdf

Sounds like it's too reactively lively for us to use.

Edited by catweazle1

Just now, catweazle1 said:

is extremely flammable and respiratory contact can cause frostbite in the lungs, causing respiratory arrest

Same as Butane, but apparently its less toxic and you don't need half as much.

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 1

Just now, catweazle1 said:

Sounds like it's too reactively lively for us to use.

Apparently not because bilgepump has been dabbing dexi extract.

Yeah I don't think any of the different products we use frequently for extraction are going to be much good for you if ingested on it's own lol Butane ? Iso, and this stuff and many more...I suppose Everclear can be taken without dying but looking at the strength I wouldn't risk too much lol 

• Like 2

Just now, MindSoup said:

Apparently not because bilgepump has been dabbing dexi extract.

I meant in use, not when it's gone.

• Like 1

I've not dabbed it just for the record, I've adulterated joints with it and decarbed for edibles.

I have too many cats to be able to keep sexy dab rigs etc , one cat in particular owes me over £100 for two smashed grace glass pieces.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, BilgePump said:

I have too many cats to be able to keep sexy dab rigs etc ,

My mate has a few cats, his dab rig is made of silicone lol

• Like 7

I'm not 100% sure about this as my recollection from reading about DEXSO may have become cloudy lol

Like I mentioned in the other thread mentioning DEXSO,

I'm fairly sure that you must use only glass or steel equipment when using this as a solvent.

Also I think it might be too good a solvent,

in that it dissolves Chlorophyll as well as absorbing plastic :( 

I'm pretty sure that @Graywolf will probably have experimented with it at some point :D

What if anything do you have to share with us regarding the use of this solvent for extractions?

Atb

• Like 4

Ether is a solvent used as cold start in a can. Spray it in the carb and the car will start straight up.

The vapors are EXTREMELY flammable and should not be used in a confined space. The vapors evaporate nearly instantly and evaporate clean. They will make you high as a kite as well! Quite good fun acctually.

Be aware it is extremely volitile!

Keep it outside, away from heat. Keep in a well ventilated area.

I play with chemicals as a bit of fun now and again. This is one to be cautious of. I am not afraid of things that can flash off and maybe cause a fire that I can contain. This one I would be wary of!!!

Have you thought about a rosin press?

If I wanted a concentrate like this, I would probably use a rosin press. It is natural and safe.

• Like 6

veering off topic, but i keep reading that having a rosin press is the way to go..

i have seen various bits on you tube, but its been mostly bro stuff... is there some sensible folk on YT you can point to for basic and beyond guides? 

i tried a little hair straightener type of affair and it was predictably a bit of a let down, but safe! 

almost back on topic at the end :yep:

Edited by Chairman O The Bored

Just now, Chairman O The Bored said:

Edited by Chairman O The Bored
double post!