Confused led lights

Grow lady

Confused about leds to flower can anyone help me out im using 4ft x 8ft x6tt tent got lots different led lights none seam decent except the maxibright daylight led 200w but is that any good for flowering I use ut to veg at 40% then use 400w hps at present cos leds not sure what is best 

I use a 220w Scopex LED from our site sponsor. Dial a Duck. All way from seed to harvest. I start at 50w all the way to 220w for flower. Never a problem. Why are you confused @Grow lady?

• Like 1

Just now, Larry Badgeley said:

I use a 220w Scopex LED from our site sponsor. Dial a Duck. All way from seed to harvest. I start at 50w all the way to 220w for flower. Never a problem. Why are you confused @Grow lady?

I got 5 different leds but they don't seem to be good enough 

@Grow lady  There are some notable differences from HPS that you need to learn to adapt to. That's probably your issue. I've only just started with one, so I'm not the best person to advise.

Im using HPS in spain for now as its too cold for LEDS still. 

I was using 4x the lights power on heating at Lights on.

Its now using half total draw on HPS,  so for my current situation they dont work out really.  315s LECs are well priced in my situation though.

Edited by Budelaire
  • Like 1

What's the saying: "Buy cheap buy twice" well in GL's position 5. It's not as if our men at DIYLEDUK don't get a good rep on here. Their lights are great. I have used these all winter. 2 80w tube haters and a heat mat. I've just been in the loft to say good night and the temp was 29 degrees c.

40 minutes ago, Grow lady said:

@Herbal KintI keep buying led but they all rubbish I got 5 lots 

lol

Folks will sort you out,I don't use leds yet but seen some great results on site.

450w led should be equal to 600w hps if it's quality led light.You can buy light meter and test you current led.

Edited by Herbal Kint
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BilgePump said:

@Grow lady aside from the maxibright unit what other LEDs do you have? 

:yinyang:

@BilgePumpmarshydro 1600w led bestva 1500w led 2 600w wakyme and 2 x 600w hps 1 x 400w hps then maxibright daylight 200w 

1 hour ago, Herbal Kint said:

lol

Folks will sort you out,I don't use leds yet but seen some great results on site.

450w led should be equal to 600w hps if it's quality led light.You can buy light meter and test you current led.

@Herbal Kint it's not how it seems to work though my 1600w pulls 725w bestva 1500w pulls about 500w the 600w wakyme pull 125w but rubbish

Not all led's are equal.  The maxibright is probably the best out of what you own.  How much room would you give to one 600w hps and what would you pull with it? 

A decent 600w led in a 1.2x1.2 space will pull a kilo+ in the right hands.  600w hps you would do well to get 28zips.

They work, they're great, but there's also a lot of shit about. You own some of it.  They take a bit of adjustment to your growing style but piss all over hps now. 

Just now, fatboy77 said:

Not all led's are equal.  The maxibright is probably the best out of what you own.  How much room would you give to one 600w hps and what would you pull with it? 

A decent 600w led in a 1.2x1.2 space will pull a kilo+ in the right hands.  600w hps you would do well to get 28zips.

They work, they're great, but there's also a lot of shit about. You own some of it.  They take a bit of adjustment to your growing style but piss all over hps now. 

@fatboy77fatboy77 my tent is 4ft x 8ft x 6ft tall im looking for good leds lights to flower only i use the maxibright for vegging in different area i tried all the ones i have but not great results and hermied on me so worried about using the ones i have i dont things going wrong this time i have all proper fans filters and twin controller and heater set to 25° its got its own controller its the lights i need to save miney in electric