Alien silver series header pot high ec

goldenbrown1

11 hours ago, badbillybob said:

y you need to change it out every 7-10 days or you will run into issues like this. 

also,if youre going to dose the flexitank, stick a pump in the bottom, run off a timer for 15 minutes every 3 hours to mix the nutes up

Edited by badbillybob
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hiya @goldenbrown1

I run a RDWC system and haven’t seen this so let me tell you how I have mine set up - I hope it helps. 

I have my Tank primarily to mix up and top up from - I have a fountain pump sat on the bottom recirculating 24/7 - I overfill fill with water - mix of hot n cold and dose with some ecothrive to remove the chlorine- can’t remember the name … I’ll then add all my nutrients and check EC this has taken me a while to get right - I’m using half the dose from the label and using 3 part GH FMB - when that’s good I adjust my PH down to 5.8 and check temperature is around 20’

Then turn off all my pumps to the main system and drain it to waste 

Then I use a huge external pump to dump the tank mix into my system and I’m left with about 100L for topping up over the next week. This i do manually as I don’t trust the single float valve yet… 

I just flip the tap and drop in what it needs - last refil last night was 36.5L ( I worked this out by timing my flow rate out of the tank at 150L high ) and then timed how long it took me to fill up ) I’ll have to do The flow rate sum every time the level changes but I’m cool with that until I see tide marks for reference.  

I check my temps, EC & Ph twice daily and don’t have to adjust much so far only adjusted PH down early in in VEG when it went above 6.5. I’m happy with it creeping up a bit. 

i repeat this cycle every week religiously - 

hope that helps and you solve the issue fast - many more very experienced hands are around should you come unstuck. 

wr

pd

• Like 1