Light mix, Root juice alternative and bb additives

Eldo

Hi uk420 

Planning my 1st grow 

Will be using bb all mix bb grow and bb bloom

I'm pretty sure root juice would be a good addition but very expensive for 1 weeks feeding is it necessary or even better is there a cheaper garden centre alternative 

Think I'll be starting seeds in grow plugs. Was going th then transport into light mix but in an effort to avoid another trip to grow shop hoping someone can recommend a soil suitable for seedlings from garden centre

Lastly bio heaven and top max? 

Trying to keep things simple and costs down but wondering if I'll get better results using these

TIA

@Eldo it depends what part of the country you are in as its not available where I'm from but if you can get clover compost then thats pretty dam decent.. BB root juice is expensive but goes along way and is great for explosive root development.. I think some of there products are a bit unnecessary, I've used top max but thought it a waste of time.. there fish mix is great, i prefer that to there grow and folk often use it as a replacement..Once again it goes along way so money well spent id say..there are cheaper alternatives of course but maybe for your first grow you should stick to tried and tested to maximise your chance of success.. get a diary up of your grow mate it will help folk give you guidance and advice should you need it..best of luck on popping your cherry :yep:

Edited by Revive
  • Like 3

@Revivethanks mate. Think for what it's worth I'll stick to the BB feeding guide

Currently shopping for ec and ph pen. Any other essentials I need but may need?

Edited by Eldo

22 minutes ago, Eldo said:

Will be using bb all mix bb grow and bb bloom

Just now, Eldo said:

Currently shopping for ec and ph pen. Any other essentials I need but may need?

You don't need to measure EC or pH with compost and organic feed so you can save some cash there.

• Like 3

Guest anarchycamp

7.2 out of the tap here, smallest budget going with soil.(won't tell you my total cost you'd laugh)

Used grey water for a grow and it was fine:pitchfork:

If you're worried about the grow shop,park and walk a few streets to it. I take cat litter bags to the shop and slide them soil bags in for when I get home

As Revive says, get a grow diary up! 

@Eldo by all means save money where you can but don't skimp on the extraction/scrubbing.

Get the best filter you can afford..

Look forward to seeing your grow diary up at some point.. good luck buddy :yep:

• Like 1

I used Bio Bizz for nearly ten years. They are a big hitter. Root Juice I have used in young seedling stage and in place of introducing BioBizz Grow to young plants. If it is down to budget & your compost has a decent nutrient supply don't bother go straight to low strength BioBizz Grow.

• Like 1

You don't have to use root juice but I do like a bit of root stimulant. It's the only thing I buy apart from grow and bloom as it actually does something imo. I've never used allmix as it looks really shit, if you're paying growshop prices you could buy Canna, Playgron or House and Garden mixes which are lovely.

Any reason why you want to use Biobizz nutes? I hear they've gone down hill in recent years. 

I use full strength compost for seedlings and never really had any bother but you can use a multipurpose from the garden centre if you're worried about it being too strong. I don't use garden centre ones as they seem to be very inconsistent to me. The last time I used levingtons essential because that was all i could get during lockdown and that was quite weak in nutes. They sell it in supermarkets usually. It's fine for starting off seeds/cuts. Tbf I did a whole cycle with it, you just got to get on the nutes earlier than usual.

Best of luck with your grow :) 

• Like 3

Thanks everyone. Once I'm happy with set up I'll pop some seeds and start a diary off

Yes @anarchycamp that's right plan on putting s4 in there but tbh the 4 inch rvk is doing a good job and a let quieter than expected. Ive also seen a review where apparently hps messes with 67 controller hence looking to upgrade lights to led 1st. TBH 250hps and 4 inch rvk seem to be doing OK enough for me to not be in a rush to do so and I know that site sponsors are hoping to have back in stock sometime next month

@KC went with BB soil and nutes because up till now had only heard good things and thought it would be one less thing to worry about and could go straight out of the bag trouble free. I do intent to either make my own soil or use coco in the future. 

Will grt some root juice ordered up online and grab some garden centre soil for seedlings.

Seen some with 4 weeks feed and some with 12. Would the 4 week be less strong or just faster release and more likely to burn?

Thanks

Guest anarchycamp

@EldoNice one bud, aslong as you've got stealth you're golden. 

That thing about the controller and hps is a load of tosh, faulty sensor probably:bong:

@Eldo look at how the garden centers store there comp.. some are riddled with fungus gnats.. if you can find a center that stores it inside all the better.. 

Look for clover.. jacks magic.. j Arthur bowers all pretty decent imo :yep:

• Like 2