Celia bx1

GSZZ

2 hours ago, Reudyfam said:

How are these new crosses coming along?

They're coming along nicely mate, taking me a little longer than anticipated. Honestly, they're ace as they are, but theres too much variation in finishing times in both lines for most people to be able to accommodate that kind of staggered harvest, so I've been testing 1:1 full sib matings to align the finishing times within a week of each other, so give or take half a week, the end grower can bring a harvest down altogether. 

I am pretty much there, tbh, all the crosses have been done and the testing is just drawing to a close now although its clear which combinations are giving me what I want, so its just a case of reproducing the crosses to bulk up the seed numbers. 

I appreciate everyones patience, but i'd sooner wait to let something go and do the best job I can to make the best end product that not only meets my requirements from what I want the cross to do or represent, but also meet the requirements of the end grower, and not just smash other peoples work together, call it something new and send it out untested for a premium like most do. 

• Like 18

@GSZZYou can't rush art but you can rush bullshittery.

I'm sure anyone who tried the celia bx1 will patiently wait on these, I know I will.

• Like 3

As I'm sure most are, I'll be eagerly awaiting the goods, mr @GSZZ.

I'm actually running my Celia keeper from cut for the first time now, can't wait! :skin_up:

4 Weeks 12/12.large.IMG_20240224_190324395.jpg.a1e71ac81fc0928cf4f637b67fa96b47.jpglarge.IMG_20240220_171605527.jpg.e42e81f4dd2bbfad1047abc967b12867.jpg

:yinyang:

• Like 9

Can't wait, what sort of range are we talking about? I still think about one Celiabx in particular I had. It was a sad day when that jar was empty.

1 hour ago, Reudyfam said:

Can't wait, what sort of range are we talking about?

In terms of releases, both will drop this year with the ssh x lot5evo coming first. I wouldn't like to put a date on it exactly, cos you never know what might happen in the mean time - for example I need my boiler replacing, which means I have to draw everything to a close in the next month or so. 

In terms of flowering times, both lines will be in the 11 - 12 week range.

• Like 6

21 hours ago, GSZZ said:

I've been testing 1:1 full sib matings

Have you moved to Suffolk ?:rofl:

• Haha 2

Made my day has this post :) Fingers eagerly poised on the purchase button when it arrives :)

• Like 2