Seed germination

Darknight420710

The just didn't pop @zen-ken! Well the majority anyway, I moved away from the paper towel method a few grows ago and had great success's but this time it just didn't happen at all. I've spoken with the breeder and they are very kindly going to send me some more when they can and going to go back to this method on their advice too. 

So I am massively down on my numbers for this grow, its my first reg grow and I have 8 plants so bloody well hoping at least 4 of them are female otherwise its going to be a very long veg time lol 

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, zen-ken said:

the amino treatment

never heard of it :unsure:

the enzymes produced by seeds are why some people use sprouted seeds, barley, corn etc to add to living soils.... 

• Like 1

I think planting them in soil works best,  I find it's always old seed that doesn't germ or struggles and takes a long while to come good.

• Like 3
42 minutes ago, Kush Lover said:

The just didn't pop @zen-ken! Well the majority anyway, I moved away from the paper towel method a few grows ago and had great success's but this time it just didn't happen at all. I've spoken with the breeder and they are very kindly going to send me some more when they can and going to go back to this method on their advice too. 

So I am massively down on my numbers for this grow, its my first reg grow and I have 8 plants so bloody well hoping at least 4 of them are female otherwise its going to be a very long veg time lol 

Fingers and toes crossed for ladies for you bro :yep:

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, buddy13 said:

never heard of it :unsure:

the enzymes produced by seeds are why some people use sprouted seeds, barley, corn etc to add to living soils.... 

"Amino Treatment also contains a unique natural growth and flowering stimulator, which is sourced from an extract found in plant seeds. This plant-based extract is rich in powerful enzymes and amino acids which stimulate root development, growth and fruit formation in a potent way." - House and Garden nutrients.

The secret ingredient ???? (apart from that, its supposed to be stabilised silicon...PEG400 I believe but I'm not sure if someone wants to correct me as that is a pure guess)

:skin_up:

Edited by zen-ken
  • Like 1

Thanks for all the replies and  think I'm going to try the method straight in the pot next time.

I'm still a bit gutted as this is as far as they've came in 6 days. 

large.20220307_183725.jpg

My normal method is soak and paper towel in the cupboard, but I got a propergator last year and with it being pretty cold in the cupboards I sat everything inside the propergator to get some warmth but no having much luck

These are all cookies and cream seeda and ive 2 left to use and some others so I might pop these in coco today and start another 3 off mixed and then decide what stays or goes.

Just a shame to have yo use more seeds when I only want 2 plants, but I did read its best to germinate more than you grow incase of problems but I stuck with 3 and wanted to keep 2 back for another time.  

Edited by Darknight420710

@Darknight420710 sorry to be the bearer of bad news  I think it's easily done with a heated prop, if you use an inkbird or  something to control the temps better then it can work ok but the bottom surface where the heating wire is can still get quite hot.

I find having a little veg/cutting area really makes it much easier its only about 2x2x1.5ft.

• Like 1

Get em in a pot of coco ,they may be ok.Then back in the propogater with the lid on ,as soon as they have leaves above ground remove the lid.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Darknight420710 said:

My normal method is soak

just a quick one to say make sure your water is the cleanest you can get (low ec etc) for germinating/starting seeds off, because this has made a difference for me.

mystic

• Like 1