Dripper System Design - Rings vs manifolds

sweettooth

I didn’t realise you had the pressure compensated drippers mate. I have also used those exact ones you have and they were also a little unpredictable and can get blocked by salt build up fairly easily so make sure you use some type of “drip clean” to try and stop that happening if you do use them. In theory using the pressure compensating drippers should mean you get an even flow coming through them anyway as long as your pump is powerful enough which it is so it may work fine as when I was using them my pump wasn’t as powerful as yours which may have been part of the problem when I was using them :unsure:

If you don’t use those drippers and go for the open hoses I reckon you’ll have more problems getting an even flow from each even with the 3 line setup as @stu914 recommended because it’s still not a proper ring as such and I also think you may have problems with the flow coming out too quickly with that size pump, 2 drippers per pot will be fine for that size pot though.

If you go ahead with it I’d use the drippers with a 3 line setup so its a more even layout and just make sure all your connections are nice and tight and maybe have a few of those drippers spare on hand in case you have any issues with them you can just quickly swap them out if you encounter any blockages.

• Like 3

The blue Wilma stakes are pretty good. They allow a good stream of liquid to pass through while still maintaining a degree of regulation. I never had a blockage with one yet even with me being a lazy bastard and sometimes not cleaning them for a few grows at a time.   (Edit: I don't recommend not cleaning between every grow, don't be lazy like me lol )

Personally I think the distribution of the manifolds would benefit from being a bit more even, 4 on each side as opposed to 5 and 3. I'd also keep the length of each outlets tube identical, especially if you go open ended.

All looks pretty good either way, I wouldn't over think it too much. You can always change and adapt things as you go, that's the best bit about building your own kit!

Edited by BushDoctoR
  • Like 2

confused.com

So i have the pressure regulated drippers so having 2 rows of 8 way manifolds controlling 15 pots won't be an issue. I can't work out how these parts fit together. The kit is a purpose built medusa dripper add on kit by OSGS. I have a brown syphon valve but I cant attach it anywhere. the black fitting looks like it goes through the holes on my flex tank but is too wide. 

large.20220316_183920.jpglarge.20220316_183929.jpg

First issue fixed. 

large.20220316_191427.jpg

how to mount the valve though 

I'm assuming make a small hole in the 25mm tubing and screw it in? or use a return system like @SYZYGY does?

Edited by sweettooth

I'm a dick. found the other part for the valve

large.20220316_214308.jpg

Edited by sweettooth
  • Like 1