Far too much trim building up, ideas please!

BushDoctoR

@Chris78 even a bit if hair straightener rosin is a whole different animals to average-good average- good hash, but I've seen full melt dry sift on videos before that was just pure trichome heads, so unless your talking like that  isolate madness then probably not. Its probably a lot easier to get that kind of strength with other methods, but I bet the dry sift would be the nicest.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Chris78 said:

Hope the op doesnt mind me asking this here, I was going to start a new thread, but I may well be asking a silly question, but it sort of fits in this thread.

I have loads of respect for the amazing purity some of you get with variose extracts.  I tend to make hash using different scren sizes and just press that.  I was thinking of having a go at something more technical.   So my question, the really pure extracts, do they give you a different sort of hit than really good hash, or just a stronger version, i.e. could you get the same effect as you get from an extract by just using more hash, or do they offer a genuinly different experience?   Cheers!

No worries at all, ask away!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Chris78 said:

.   So my question, the really pure extracts, do they give you a different sort of hit than really good hash, or just a stronger version, i.e. could you get the same effect as you get from an extract by just using more hash, or do they offer a genuinly different experience?   Cheers!

Different experience.  stronger, different and cleaner taste profiles. I'm 50:50 flower to concentrate now and really enjoy the different effects and tastes I can achieve. But it requires a lot of material and kit. Especially live rosin which is out really nice.

Different rosin grades from a wash of c99

large.IMG_20201012_152038690_HDR.jpg

hash from bubble mixed trim.

large.IMG_20210109_151547070.jpg

• Like 13

Id just hash it all without freezing the material first, leave to soak in bucket of ice water for half an hour before u agitate it, won't matter whether you started with frozen herb or not i would have thought? 

That being said you are defo in a nice position to try a few of these ideas @BushDoctoR, hope u get some nice results mate 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

A bit at a time, you’ll get through it one way or another.  Well worth it. Love the extracts.  Normally bubble bags for me and sometime I rosin a bit with a pool table iron