Far too much trim building up, ideas please!

BushDoctoR

Hey everyone!

I'd usually process my trim with bubble bags but as my fridge and freezer in my current place are tiny it's been a massive pain in the arse to do, this has resulted in a back of of trim building up and I now have several bin bags of material building up and it's making me paranoid having it in the house as I think we all know it would be simply be classed as huge amounts of cannabis if my door was to get taken off.

I'm at the point now where if I can't find an easy way to process the lot as quick as possible then it's probably going to get binned which would be a real shame, some of this stuff is absolute gold (some of these bags of air buds are better than shite I've seen people sell as normal bud)

Any ideas how I can process it as quickly and labour free as possible would be appreciated!

My first thought was ice hash without freezing but if its going to be waste of time I'd rather not deal with the mess. Anyone ever tried ice hash with room temp trim??

Second was butter but my kitchen extracts onto a main busy main road and I get paranoid even making small amounts

Third was iso extraction - something I've never tried - unsure how much iso I would need. Could I keep reusing the same liquid to process each batch bucket by bucket until its super concentrated? If so this could be a good bet

Any ideas appreciated!

B-Dr :bong:

ETA: 2000th post. Only taken me 19 years lol

Edited by BushDoctoR
  • Like 4

Make your butter over night? Less bodies n all that? Surely no one is about then? Then again has be done for some hours.. or just get rid of it for the sake of not being para. lol

• Like 1

In regards to bubble hash - I'm pretty sure the temp of the weed is less important than the the temp of the ice slurry.  As long as you've got the ice slurry/weed really freezing cold while you're mixing, then I think you'll get a good end result. I usually put the main bucket inside a larger flexi tub full of salted ice to help keep it really cold.

You could just eat a few of those old bags of chicken nuggets and oven chips at the back of your freezer, and make enough room for a bag of trim lol 

• Like 3

If you dry trim then get yourself a trim bin mate. I was skeptical at first but this thing is simply amazing. Quick and easy. You getting rid of trim in no time so thank god no more mess and frozen hands. Improves comfort of trimming as well, my back loves it for sure.

Edited by Kalkwerk
  • Like 3

You have reminded me of the NL and Cheese x Gelato trim i have in my freezer still:yep:.

Might give that a run through the printing screen tonight.

Edited by Military Grade
  • Like 2

I've been looking at making dry sift hash for future trim and from reading a few threads using a couple of print screens is recommended. They vary in price depending on the thread count and frame material but it could be worth looking into. I found the following print screen thread to micron conversion chart which may help: 

https://huntthemoon.co.uk/blogs/news/73265219-screen-printing-mesh-us-t-microns

The trim bin as mentioned above is another option, the only thing is that there is one screen which is think is around 150 micron, and you may be able to pick up a couple screens the similar sized screens for the same price. 

Not wishing to derail your thread but if you're interested in dry sift, it would be good to hear folks opinion on which screens threads are good to use and whether there's a considerable increase in quality over using a trim bin if we're not looking to make full melt sift. 

Edited by ricklepick
Formatting
  • Like 1

Not done it myself, but seems a quicker, cleaned easier way to make hash. Is using dry ice. Will be bit more of an investment but I think time and ease will be a lot better. 

Easiest way would be to get a tank and bag to put trim in. Blast the trim with dry ice and sift using bubble bags. Think @Dodgeewrote a guide on how he does it somewhere. 

vids online make it look really easy too. No messing with water/washing machines, everything’s dry and get get through material quick. 

• Like 3

dry ice, or dry sift are the least smelly options

dry sifted will last the longest if you leave it in keif form, and store it correctly. 

• Like 2

Might cost a fair whack for the materials but iso oil is the least labour intensive method of extraction for me. 

• Like 4

Id go ISO too. £18 for 5l on fleabay. Get some big jars and do the lot in one run.

I recently did a run of ice hash and a run of iso. I prefer the idea of the ice hash but i think i prefer the finished product from the ISO and (not including evaporation time) its just soooo much quicker/easier.

Edited by trees
  • Like 2

Maybe get yourself an infusion machine. The only thing then is decarbing, that's the smelly part. The Nebula boost can decarb and so can Pot by Noids but they only take tiny amounts. The decarb box by Magic Butter still smells a bit, an oven bag helps though.

I'd get the MB machine and infuse most of it into 95% food grade ethanol myself. It'll last forever.  Coconut oil or olive oil are good too. 

• Like 1

Thanks guys, appreciate the response!

I use alot of 99% iso for work and already have a 5L bottle knocking about, so will probably give that a go. Dry ice sounds appealing too. I may actually end up giving a few of these methods a go, I've got plenty of material to play with so I guess it's the perfect time to experiment!

Thanks!

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, BushDoctoR said:

Thanks guys, appreciate the response!

I use alot of 99% iso for work and already have a 5L bottle knocking about, so will probably give that a go. Dry ice sounds appealing too. I may actually end up giving a few of these methods a go, I've got plenty of material to play with so I guess it's the perfect time to experiment!

Thanks!

https://graywolfslair.com/index.php/diy-cannamed-production/9-4-extraction/9-4-8-isopropyl-extraction/9-4-8-1-qwiso

Edited by Graywolf
  • Like 6

Qwiso really requires all materials to be really cold, like from the freezer. Thought op had no freezer space!?

As per @OneMorePufffor bubble the herb can be room temp but brought down by the ice slurry. But freezer required for storing the bubble until ready for processing.

Edited by M Pamplemousse
  • Like 1

Hope the op doesnt mind me asking this here, I was going to start a new thread, but I may well be asking a silly question, but it sort of fits in this thread.

I have loads of respect for the amazing purity some of you get with variose extracts.  I tend to make hash using different scren sizes and just press that.  I was thinking of having a go at something more technical.   So my question, the really pure extracts, do they give you a different sort of hit than really good hash, or just a stronger version, i.e. could you get the same effect as you get from an extract by just using more hash, or do they offer a genuinly different experience?   Cheers!

• Like 1