Greenish Kief (Help Required)

Guerilla Blue

Evening everyone,

I’m new to this thread so a quick hello from me. I’ve posted a bit on the Guerilla growing thread so not a total noob. 

it seems myself and my growing partner have made a bit of a mistake whilst sifting. 

We’ve bought a trim bin and everything was going fine. I was getting a nice light sandy coloured Kief from our frozen trimmings and I was happy with the result. 

however I left my mate to process some of it and he’s gone way too far. The sandy Kief is now khaki colour he’s sifted too much and it seems has contaminated the Kief with plant material.

I tried a hot bottle press yesterday but the thing wouldn’t melt at all. I think there is just too much plant material in there for it to melt.

ive put it in a joint and it stoned my head in, so it certainly does the trick. But I’d like to turn it to hash if I can?

I’ve read that you can mix Kief with RSO to produce a nice old school hash. Has anyone ever tried this? 

Or does anyone have any suggestions on how I can turn my slightly contaminated Kief into hash?

thanks in advance 

Edited by Guerilla Blue
  • Like 2

@Guerilla Blue

The only way you can clean the sift now is by having some finer grade sift screens than the trim bin and runing the sift through them.

You could try putting the sift in a thick plastic bag then dunking it in hot water, once its heated up batter it witha rolling pin.

Or you could just keep it as it is and super charge your joints with it, maybe make a cake or cookies and chuck some in.

:yinyang:

• Like 6

Get a food grade clear bag a zip lock, put the kieff in shake it to one conner, fold the bag down tightly,  Wrap it tightly in one sheet of newspaper and dunk the package in water, cover it with a towel and use your iron to flatten it, keep checking the paper hasnt dried out.    You wouldnt want to use that method for really well made kiff, but it works well for low grade stuff thats hard to press.

• Like 1

what everybody else said + putting it in a pint glass (or jug) of water and stirring it till the plant matter brakes down into the water, then screen the resin out.?

..el’bubble’bago’thing’ma’ding?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Guerilla Blue said:

I’ve read that you can mix Kief with RSO to produce a nice old school hash. Has anyone ever tried this? 

Yeah I do this a lot, I think its called jelly hash maybe. If you made a small amount of what you had into iso, then mixed the 2 together you'll get a nice squidgy black kind of hash. It's a very messy process, but just keep carefully working it and it all starts sticking back together. 

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 4

if you tip the lot into a glass of water, the trichomes will float as there non-soluble in water

the plant material should float in the glass/sink to the bottom eventually

mystic

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mysticriver said:

if you tip the lot into a glass of water, the trichomes will float as there non-soluble in water

the plant material should float in the glass/sink to the bottom eventually

mystic

Actually, the trichomes have a specific gravity greater than 1.0 and sink in water.

ASSuming you started with around a 150 micron screen, I would suggest first reprocessing on a 50 micron screen to see what fines drop out.  I use stainless cloth for the first sieve and silk screen for the finer meshes.  The following link has a chart with average trichome head sizes shown:

https://graywolfslair.com/index.php/15-diy-equipment/15-21-how-to-make-diy-dry-sieving-frames

• Like 6

Thanks for the advice everyone. I’ll take it on board and decide with my mate how we’ll go forward.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MindSoup said:

Yeah I do this a lot, I think its called jelly hash maybe. If you made a small amount of what you had into iso, then mixed the 2 together you'll get a nice squidgy black kind of hash. It's a very messy process, but just keep carefully working it and it all starts sticking back together. 

Thanks for that mate. Did you enjoy the hash made this way?

Its lovely mate, it's old school style hash, narcotic and oily. If you want something more like shatter/wax you could chuck the whole lot in ice cold 99.9 iso and shake it for about 1 minute, then strain through a coffee filter and evaporate, you'll get some banging dabs. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, MindSoup said:

Its lovely mate, it's old school style hash, narcotic and oily. If you want something more like shatter/wax you could chuck the whole lot in ice cold 99.9 iso and shake it for about 1 minute, then strain through a coffee filter and evaporate, you'll get some banging dabs. 

Cheers man. I think we’ll go the rso route. Will be a lot quicker. We’ve got about a kilo of this tainted Kief  and almost another kilo of good Kief. Anything to speed the process up! 

Edited by Guerilla Blue