Beach fishing?

*DJ*

i would always have a few cans, a few joints and some speed when i went on a fishing session to the beach/boat lol

• Like 2

Sod drinking and fishing, I think that would be the end of me! Always loved a smoke while fishing but the one time a friend brought brownies with him. It wasn’t a very productive session to say the least!

Speed though! @ratdogthat must of been interesting!! 

Just now, Kush Lover said:

Speed though! @ratdogthat must of been interesting!! 

yes, it mean't i could fish while drinking and smoking lol

• Like 3

I always take a nice bag of Shrooms on our annual French trip, tend to spend more time taking pictures of the sky than fishing though :)

not because I like pictures of the sky, more for evidence to see if it really was doing what I thought it was doing

Edited by cypo74

3 hours ago, ratdog said:

i would always have a few cans, a few joints and some speed when i went on a fishing session to the beach/boat lol

I came away from the last page feeling like a criminal lollol there's a 1000 people on that beach drinking, all summer, there's a beach bar on the beach 2 bays along ffs, there's no signs saying anything about drinking and fishing being a danger? 

Eta... admittedly to much of anything can affect a person's thought prosses, but at no time anywhere was anything said about a excess of anything!

DJ  ...

Edited by *DJ*
  • Like 2

I think some were imagining a load of blokes escaping the thumb for the night getting slaughtered and falling in when casting whilst forgetting to take the bail arm off lol

Eta.  Which has actually happened to a lad who came off the pier with us only it was prescription drug abuse rather than alcohol.pregabs? Not something that interests me but they wobbled him and his gear into the tide lol

Edited by stu sleeper 20vt
  • Like 1

Whatever floats your boat dude, I'm just speaking from experience and if you want to drink while fishing that's entirely up to you.

Some of the places I've fished are extremely dangerous, and folks have lost their lives at some of the spots. There's no comparison between alcohol and cannabis, there's a big difference in abilities while under the influence of either.

For example, if I fell in the sea while I was stoned, I'd fancy my chances of survival more than if I fell in the sea pissed. Are you aware that "1 in 8 coastal deaths in the UK involve alcohol, and it is a contributing factor in many more water-related incidents."? (RNLI)  :hippy:

• Like 2

It just doesn't work for me from a fishing point of view. I don't enjoy it, it turns me from a reasonably competent angler to a fucking numpty..lol

I'll have a few if I'm bivvied up by the river in summer.

There's no way I'll drink on Bristol channel marks though, one wrong step, one slip and you're proper fucked.

Might be out on the channel this evening if work gets smashed out. :yep:

Edited by Captain Bonglington
  • Like 2

I can just about imagine having a beer ,with some fishing gear that's heavy and a place that's flat, level and you sit or stand like coarse fishing in man made holes ,no walking,no concentrating or watching the cast ,fly ,flies ,rises . Yeah, flat places like a beach are probably ok for a beer !

17 hours ago, Exhale said:

Severn, or Hafren.

Me + Beer + Fishing = 

fishing-rod-snap.gif

thats why i give up the rod + reel :beer: nowadays i use a gaff tied onto a sweeping brush pole, theres nothing better than walking the brooks joining the river wye / usk when them juicy salmon come home :rofl:.

• Like 1