Found some spider mites around a newly emerging seedling

slimm88

Just now, slimm88 said:

large.IMG_01032022_222545_(530_x_530_pixel).jpg

them are root aphids they zap ya plants at the roots the adults fly,tbh they bad news get the cold pressed neem and drench the fukas quick soil drench with neem oil  imho.... :yep:

• Like 1

Dammit I was hoping you were gonna it's all fine pal! Haha little fuckers gonna get it. I'll grab some neem oil and blast em. Thanks so much for ya help appreciate it man! 

Also, can I use ordinary dish soap to mix the neem oil with in the water  the or do I have to use the horticultural stuff?

Edited by slimm88

The aphids must have been in the bio bizz light mix then. It all makes complete sense now I think about it, because the fastbuds cheese auto I planted and then pulled just had such small leaves compared to normal, and I guess it was just trying to preserve its genetics by flowering immediately with no stretch... must have been there from the start 

I'm a bit pissed about it cos my practices are spot on usually and I've never had any pest issues. I'm pretty sure there is neem cake in the dry amendments that I mixed in but I've got the neem oil on the way and will be nuking the fuck out of them as soon as it arrives lol

Right guys I've been doing some serious research now, and I've come to the conclusion that what I have is just simply soil mites which are harmless. The are literally the tiniest little things. Like barely visible white dots no bigger than a pin point. I think I may have confused @thekingofobsolete because the picture makes them look a lot bigger than they are. I'm pretty sure it's all coincidence what has happened with my attempted grows... the cheese must've been a dwarf and just a bad seed. The fact i haven't stored them well and that was my newest seed,  must be the reason why it grew with no obvious issues other than size. The other seeds I have are 3 to 4 years old now and been stored at ambient temps in a draw in the bedroom. Probs just having germination issues due to this because everything else points to soil mites. I don't want anyone to follow this thread and think they have root aphids because I really don't think that's what it is now after really digging to find put what they are. Root aphids are generally over a mm in size and these are probs a 10th of a mm maybe even smaller. Thanks for all the input of course, and I do have some stuff now to combat pests for the future if necessary but I think I'm just having some real bad luck.  

On 2022-03-01 at 5:53 PM, slimm88 said:

large.IMG_01032022_222545_(530_x_530_pixel).jpg

soil mite

now you have to figure what you are doing wrong.... :)

Edited by gb1
  • Like 1