What am i doing wrong?

KingAether

3 hours ago, blackpoolbouncer said:

Without at least 1 node in the medium the plant will never root.

they always root and I definitely don’t cut through nodes. 

large.B3682E2B-8FA8-4048-9F68-BF9E782D59FA.jpeg

this wasn’t cut through a node at all. It’s not like I haven’t done it.

also the one at the back is a different strain (wedding glue) and it’s been cut in the exact same way. They all root and do it within a week. The heat from the lower light wasn’t as warm back there which is why it was happier. 

this is why they looked a little wilted

large.EDB0BA32-E6DA-4DC8-BD6A-A34511D120D5.jpeg

I’ve put three 50w led lights in the small drobe and like I said, I almost cooked them but they still pulled through.

I have a secret jardin t90 coming today so that’ll give me an extra 90x90x60 space so I’ll remove the middle light 

Edited by Whatwentwrong
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, blackpoolbouncer said:

Also rooting gel/hormone/powder is an absolute waste of time and money. You will get the same or better results without it I guarantee it.

I don’t disagree with this but it comes in the pack so “why not”.

4 hours ago, blackpoolbouncer said:

If you think too much water to be an issue with root it's its because of how your watering them.

too much water isn’t an issue unless you add it with the extra heat. It’s like spraying clones, they’ll just rot. Too much steam in the propagator. This was my issue anyway but I have fixed it and I have extra space coming today. Almost a whole half a meter square extra veg space. Woohoo!!!!

@Whatwentwrongfair play it works for you mate, everyone has their own way of doing things and if it works :yep:

Personally I done my own "test" took 3 cuts each of 5 plants and cut 1 above, 1 below and 1 through the node, and found through the node does best, now I don't know the technical term, but in my head I imagine it like topping or root pruning, that cutting through it stimulates the new root growth. 

Who knows, listen to bpb lol

• Like 1
Just now, Shaggy1 said:

now I don't know the technical term

they're called rooting points.

you really are not likely to get a hollow stem to root. I don’t disagree with this so I suppose it’s how old the branch is that you are trying to root.

if I was rooting something as big as the plant in the picture that bb posted then I would go near a node but the clones I take all have solid stems as they are not really very old. 

I only take fresh young growths to clone and it clones every time. I too did a test to see if it made a difference and honestly the fresh stem rooted quicker than the rooting point.

I think it’s solid stem that’s the important part of the rooting process, the reason you would normally take and cut at a node is because that’s the part of the stem that is solid in hollow stemmed plants.

• Like 1

@Whatwentwrong ye i get what you mean although I don't know enough to comment and if its works then there's gotta be something to it, aren't all clones from new growth anyway though? 

Do you use an aeroponic prop ye? That might be a shout for @KingAether, they seem to be pretty easy to use, if i didn't get mine to root I was going to buy 1 lol

Guest anarchycamp

@Shaggy1I mentioned aeroponic last time and that got a muted response :rofl:

Only way I'll do clones now, only had 100% success, into soil/jiffys whatever after. 

If you don't want to pay for one, build one for -£30:thumsup:

As mentioned ditch the clonex, don't really need the root stims in the water either...

But that's just me

@anarchycamp ye they do seem to get results, did you build yours then?

But ye i mainly found out through being lazy that you don't need any extra root stim or that, 1 day I left it downstairs and thought fuck it and got exactly the same results lol 

Same with sowing seeds, i used to do the paper towel method now just straight in jiffys maybe a little soak if i cba.

We do try to over complicate things lol

• Like 1
On 04/03/2022 at 0:25 PM, Shaggy1 said:

Do you use an aeroponic prop ye

no man, just root it cubes and a prop with some of the first feed in.

I find warmth is what really drives root development.

as Monty python said “every seed is sacred” and I want smoke every weed. Even if it’s the same weed but tastes a little because it’s from a different seed, I still want to smoke it.

Edited by Dodgee
Sailing to close to the rules
  • Like 1

Just now, Whatwentwrong said:

just root it cubes and a prop with some of the first feed in.

Oh OK, I just saw the free roots and thought aeroprop lol 

6 minutes ago, Whatwentwrong said:

everyone likes the seedstockers stuff

Ye they seem to be getting good reviews, did make me wonder if it's from the same spanish seed as dinafem and others. I was tempted to give them a whirl but I'm running ace and subbies for the rest of the year.

Must be good though if you got someone wanting that many clones lol

Just now, Whatwentwrong said:

• Like 1
Guest anarchycamp

@Shaggy1 Yeah man,there's a little thread in the DIY section shouldn't be too far down the page. 

As for the stims,through being skint I found out ya don't need them:rofl: 

I really appreciate all the help and the conversation on this, folk! Apologize I've been a bit quite in reply, ive been having a bit of a dark mental health week but i have been reading through and taking it in.
 I'm definitely going to look into building a aero cloner, it just wasn't right for this one unfortunately as it was harvest day. As it goes the hydro shop was closed Wednesdays too so i just had what i had on hand already

I took extras and have fingers, toes and eyes crossed. 
3 cuts in the veg tent, Dripped in gel, popped in lightly moist soil in small yogurt pots, put inside juice bottles with the top 1/3 cut off, cling filmed and covered with a sheet of paper. Ill have a look under the paper in a few days and make sure they are still looking ok. They haven't dried out or dropped dead in the last 48~ hours so we just keep hoping now. 

If it works out and i get at least one of them going this will be my first mother for future use; its so insanely sticky and smelly and had perfect structure

• Like 3
8 hours ago, Shaggy1 said:

Oh OK, I just saw the free roots and thought aeroprop lol

oh, that plant rooted in just a glass of water. Some seem to root really easy. 

Try to put both,like 10 to 15 in Rockwool and half in jiffy,2 props. Here is how lame it can look and still work,it's 60x60 cm tent with 1.2m flous panel that I couldn't fit it so left it sideways .If you scroll to right you see them in 0.5l pots veging with flowering autos. Just mist prop with sprayer