Hello!

rolio

7 minutes ago, rolio said:

Holy cow! That is much much better! I'm surprised the in built search function misses all those results! I'm already getting some decent advice :D

It does often get better results. 

This forum is built in the same format, and I would imagine is based on the original software, of a forum that I was on back in the very late 90s lol That old forum shut down in about 2007 and I'd never seen anything like it since. I wasn't planning on joining anything online, but when I found this place, I had to :D 

Anyway, it's possible that the software that runs this place is getting harder and harder to keep fully functional on today's tech. Or maybe it can be done (let's face it, anything can be done) but it's maybe too cost prohibitive. Fingers crossed we're still here 30 years from now! 

• Like 1

Just now, Gaijin said:

It does often get better results. 

This forum is built in the same format, and I would imagine is based on the original software, of a forum that I was on back in the very late 90s lol That old forum shut down in about 2007 and I'd never seen anything like it since. I wasn't planning on joining anything online, but when I found this place, I had to :D 

Anyway, it's possible that the software that runs this place is getting harder and harder to keep fully functional on today's tech. Or maybe it can be done (let's face it, anything can be done) but it's maybe too cost prohibitive. Fingers crossed we're still here 30 years from now! 

I did notice it feels a bit ancient around here lol.. the unsecure icon in the URL bar makes me feel a bit uneasy too :lookaround: 

It obviously works for what it is, no complaints here :D

• Like 2

21 hours ago, rolio said:

I'm doing it in a 120x120 tent with a single 600w hps

sounds about right

21 hours ago, rolio said:

doing 4 autos

again sounds right for the space - I do 4 in that space with comparative (LED) light, in 12L fabric pots.

Not sure about heating as im indoors in a bedroom, dont use heating (apart from turning the light up and on for 24hrs [cos they're auto's] use a bit of ambient heat that way, but im taking low-heat LED)

mystic

• Like 1

@roliowelcome home mate, whats your reason for growing? How much do you need to smoke? I grow personal meds 1.2x1.2 tent I put 9autos in 10L pots  every grow continuously and that just about covers my needs. Good luck with your growing man :)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mysticriver said:

sounds about right

again sounds right for the space - I do 4 in that space with comparative (LED) light, in 12L fabric pots.

Not sure about heating as im indoors in a bedroom, dont use heating (apart from turning the light up and on for 24hrs [cos they're auto's] use a bit of ambient heat that way, but im taking low-heat LED)

mystic

I guess it's going to be a case of setting it all up and getting the enviroment right before I even think about sprouting. I almost went LED but the £750 price tag for 650w put me off for now. Then I gather I'd need a heater for sure.. I'm hoping the HPS will produce enough heat, yet to figure out if 24/0 will be enough by itself. I know I'll need a heat mat for the roots either way to be on the safe side. Good to hear you're running 4 plants in that space too, the dude at my local shop said the yield would be much the same if I had 9 or 4 with the equipment I bought! 

5 hours ago, Should Know Betterer said:

@roliowelcome home mate, whats your reason for growing? How much do you need to smoke? I grow personal meds 1.2x1.2 tent I put 9autos in 10L pots  every grow continuously and that just about covers my needs. Good luck with your growing man :)

Medical for a family member who is too scared of doing themselves and also a bit for myself.. I also like the idea of it as a hobby! I've always been a bit interested in gardening and delicate plants but have no real experience. 

The dude i was speaking to in my local shop said the yield would be similar if I had 4 or 9 in there.. have you had experience with smaller number of plants, maybe in bigger pots? I plan on going straight to final pot in Coco.. maybe 10l first time to see how it does then adjust depending on results. Cheers :)

Best thing you could do mate is look on the appropriate forums ie coco soil Hydro autos regs etc and you will get all the info you could hope for, you could even post up any specific questions you may have in there too, they're not too keen on grow details on this particular thread just a hello I'm here I'll see you on the forums type thing intro, :)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Should Know Betterer said:

Best thing you could do mate is look on the appropriate forums ie coco soil Hydro autos regs etc and you will get all the info you could hope for, you could even post up any specific questions you may have in there too, they're not too keen on grow details on this particular thread just a hello I'm here I'll see you on the forums type thing intro, :)

I almost edited my post for this reason :x I'll see ya on the relevent board :)

• 1 month later...

Just come.back on this post to say I wish I found this site 10 years ago lol

Any other newbies reading this.. you'll get on just fine. Wealth of experience here willing to help.. I appreciate it 

• Like 2

On 20/02/2022 at 1:55 PM, rolio said:

Thanks for the advice :) from the reading ive been doing on here over the last few weeks ive definitely understood the importance of environment. I started off ordering a complete kit and upgraded to a rhino pro filter over the hobby one and went for a digital ballast. I'm doing it in a 120x120 tent with a single 600w hps. Im just trying to find solid info to help me choose a tube heater as I plan on doing 18/6 in a space with a really low ambient temp. Im at the point of trying to find out what speed controllers/ thermostats to use. Also what pots... I'm planning on doing 4 autos and ive seen people use everything from 6.5l to 25l! There is so much info to go through and the search function doesnt always bring up what im after :D 

Not an auto grower but noticed you mention low ambient temp and 18/6 lighting. Think autos can have 24 hours light which would solve your low temps.

Might find over summer you can grow photos and winter if it's too cold, autos.

• Like 1

@bushdoc cheers mate, I'm all set up and going now on week 3 :)

18/6 is working ok, heater doesn't seem to have to work too hard.

I've got a diary going if you wanna give me any pointers there :D

• Like 3

On 20/02/2022 at 10:38 AM, rolio said:

Hello everyone, I've been setting myself up for a first time auto grow. I've already made lots of use of the info on the forum :) seems like a good community here. I look forward to learning a lot more and sharing what I achieve, or don't lol. 

Hi.

I'm running a couple of autos this year. Outside hopefully.

Looked at your profile & noticed you are doing a hydro grow in a tent the same size as mine. So if you do a diary I'd be interested in following.

What lamp are you running?

• Like 1