Growers ark

1 hour ago, Larry Badgeley said:

You use the downstairs cold water tap as it is as close to your water inlet into your house. Not upstairs or the hot tap.

Sounds fair enough. I get mine from’t shithouse sink upstairs using the mixer tap. I couldn’t imagine much difference in the two but I’d have thought taking a sample of the water you’d usually use before mixing nutes would be alright, since it’s, well, the water youd usually use. 
How come you wouldn’t use the upstairs or the hot tap? Not nit picking. Genuine question like :) 

just as a side note all this rain and flooding has messed with my starting EC n knocked it down a point. Gotta piss about wi part measures now :( Anyone else noticed this at all? Well I’m assuming it’s the weather that’s done it.

Edited by mikeydoughnut

11 hours ago, mikeydoughnut said:

How come you wouldn’t use the upstairs or the hot tap? Not nit picking. Genuine question like :) 

It was what the water company told me, though this was because we had discoloured water. Maybe someone can confirm?

It's a true reflection of the water quality that comes from the nearest point of where the water comes into the property.

Not 100% sure why not the hot tap. See above I think?

• Like 1

Plumbing in the uk generally follows the same pattern.

Treated water comes into the house via a stopcock - this then goes directly to the kitchen tap and any outside taps, and to the cold water storage in the roof. Not sure of the hot water tank is fed directly or from the cold eater tank - probably directly.

anyhoo - all the other taps in the house - hot and cold (not kitchen or outdoors) all come from holding tanks. this is why your bathroom tapwater tastes strongly of metals - yuk. So tanked water will have less chlorine etc, but possibly more other stuff - you arent going to know without cmoparing, so do one and do mains (kitchen or outdoor).

This is due to mains pressure as well. so kitchen and outside taps are at mains pressure. this is also why oyu ust have a back syphon on outside taps, since if you put a hose on with a high head of water, you can back syphon into mains (theoretically)

• Like 1

On 13/02/2022 at 3:56 PM, mikeydoughnut said:

I just got fed up of fucking my grows up and decided on a different approach.

Been there... (Reverse Osmosis water was the solution for me)

mystic

• Like 1

@ratdog

I was reading on another thread, I think, that due to your Cal-Mag issues you have switched to Growers Ark? I am also in a soft water area and noticed that their Grow/Bloom Nutrients contains Cal Mag? I grow in Tropic Bat Mix and using these I will not need to add Cal Mag. Would that be a fair assumption?

1 hour ago, Larry Badgeley said:

I grow in Tropic Bat Mix and using these I will not need to add Cal Mag. Would that be a fair assumption?

no mate, i use that as well, i found after potting up but before nutes i still needed to add calmag, it's either not enough in the compost or not available soon enough, but this is just my experience

so my routine now is pot up and use cal/mag and root tonic, then start feeding when ready and drop cal mag and keep using root tonic, this works well as long as roots are warm (my stat failed the other day and dropped to 18 and below, and they displayed signs of cal def badly! )

Just now, ratdog said:

no mate, i use that as well, i found after potting up but before nutes i still needed to add calmag, it's either not enough in the compost or not available soon enough, but this is just my experience

so my routine now is pot up and use cal/mag and root tonic, then start feeding when ready and drop cal mag and keep using root tonic, this works well as long as roots are warm (my stat failed the other day and dropped to 18 and below, and they displayed signs of cal def badly! )

Yes I know what you mean. My 4 girls are showing cal/mag issues after 2 weeks of grow. Just noticed today after watering. Always the way hey? I've ordered the GA's. Though it does contain C&M you still add it at every watering? If you do how much? Sorry for the questions man

@Larry Badgeley no worries mate, i'm just back off to work now but i use every watering after about 4-5 days after each pot up then after final pot up constantly until flush time, i then swap to organics (fishmix) and calmag for the last 8-10 days, so you still get the flush but don't starve them too early

On 2/21/2022 at 5:54 PM, Larry Badgeley said:

You use the downstairs cold water tap as it is as close to your water inlet into your house. Not upstairs or the hot tap.

@Larry BadgeleyYou answered the question I meant to ask, and prompted a google search between uk "drinking water" and the bath taps.  I didn't realise that oil boilers in a house, especially a 38 year old one in our house, pump contaminants from the attic open tank (i'm unable to climb ladder at current weight) sediment, pathogens, decomposing mice, through the upstairs taps.  Trip advisor says not to drink it.   I'll go back to the drinking water and carry it upstairs.   Thanks for the heads up.  

Edited by pepe16
repetition - bruce bannered

I recently got my water tested by GA, GA's Martin was very helpful answering all my questions about the results. Would definitely recommend!

I'm in 2nd week flower and am using/have ordered Soil Bloom, Root Tonic, Xtra Traces, Bio Boost and Flush It - looking forward to seeing the results.