Growers ark

Can anyone recommend a soil compatible with growers ark nutes. Getting my water tested by them and going to give there line a bash as I’m sick of dealing with calmag deficiency’s no matter what I do so I’m assuming it’s my water to blame.

Just now, ratdog said:

i'm using gold label, and have a couple plants in tropic mix that have done well also

Thanks mate. I tried the tropic mix on the last run with shogun really like how much you can put through them without having to worry about over watering but still dealing with calmag deficiencies starting early on in flower so I want to try and simplify things like I done when I started off a few years ago with a 2 part nutrient grow and bloom. I used to used pm old timer but I’ve been reading it’s been watered down now so don’t want to risk it. Determined to get a grow with no problems so I hope this water test can help me out.

@Niallk Ey up bud. I’ve just switched the GA nutes after banging my head against the compost wall since starting to grow my own. Decided to give GA and coco a bash. Wish I’d done it in the beginning. Not had a single problem yet that I’d usually encounter. I do have a couple in tropic mix being fed GA and they’re just as good. I think the common denominator is GA feed. Hardly scientific proof and more simple observation than owt but the only things I’m doing differently is feed and medium everything else is the same.

Just now, mikeydoughnut said:

@Niallk Ey up bud. I’ve just switched the GA nutes after banging my head against the compost wall since starting to grow my own. Decided to give GA and coco a bash. Wish I’d done it in the beginning. Not had a single problem yet that I’d usually encounter. I do have a couple in tropic mix being fed GA and they’re just as good. I think the common denominator is GA feed. Hardly scientific proof and more simple observation than owt but the only things I’m doing differently is feed and medium everything else is the same.

Cheers mate, was thinking of trying coco but never used it before so not really clued up with it. Do you need to water every day? 

I do personally since I use smaller pots. I’m currently at 2 feeds a day which is a pain but I think a pot size up it’d be reyt. I’m currently in 3L’s but the shorter veg time and ability to run more seeds suits me. If I were growing fems/cuttings I’d be inclined to use 5L pots meaning 1 drink a day. 
My problem with compost was being available at the right time. I water the coco on my own terms now. Once at 5pm then again at around 11/12pm before bed. 
It’s like painting by numbers so far. Really straight forward. I’d recommend it to anyone either new to growing or unhappy with how things are panning out on a regular basis. I just got fed up of fucking my grows up and decided on a different approach.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Niallk said:

I hope this water test can help me out.

it has me, my water test came back with no magnesium at all and very little calcium and in the tent i have that has no environmental issues (warmer room!) i have both tropic and gold label on the go with perfect looking plants

e2a, i'm using their "soft water" nuts for compost

Edited by ratdog
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, mikeydoughnut said:

just got fed up of fucking my grows up and decided on a different

I’m at that point just now mate frustrating as fuck. 

1 hour ago, ratdog said:

it has me, my water test came back with no magnesium at all and very little calcium and in the tent i have that has no environmental issues (warmer room!) i have both tropic and gold label on the go with perfect looking plants

e2a, i'm using their "soft water" nuts for compost

I think mines will be the same. Are you just treating the tropic mix the same as the gold label mate?

@mikeydoughnutWhen sendin back the GA water test, do you use the drinking water tap or the non drinking water tap. No clue about water and my bathroom tap is much closer to plants so is there any difference/ Ive just ordered a test kit.

Ey up @pepe16 I’ve never had a water test. I’m one of those lucky people with 3:1 ratio of cal:mag. Aye I’d just fill my bucket n take a sample out of what I’d normally use before mixing :) 

• Like 1

On 13/02/2022 at 6:06 PM, ratdog said:

my water test came back with no magnesium at all and very little calcium

Looks like we have very similar water mate my results came back today, no wonder I’ve been having issues with calmag 

Calcium         6

Magnesium   0

Sulphate       7

Alkalinity       30

pH                 7.40

Just now, Niallk said:

Do you ever have to add any calmag mate or is there enough in the growers ark @ratdog

as long as you keep the roots warm there's everything you need in GA, you want the soft water one, i also use the traces and root tonic, i always had good roots but with the tonic they are on steroids

from my last grow

large.620a3201332c1_sharkshock21402.jpg

Edited by ratdog

5 hours ago, pepe16 said:

@mikeydoughnutWhen sendin back the GA water test, do you use the drinking water tap or the non drinking water tap. No clue about water and my bathroom tap is much closer to plants so is there any difference/ Ive just ordered a test kit.

You use the downstairs cold water tap as it is as close to your water inlet into your house. Not upstairs or the hot tap.

• Like 3