Dechlorinated water source

yabbah

i think i sometimes use vit to acidify my water from pH 8 to 6

two birds, one stone.

but, no, the minute levels of chlorine / chloramine in our water are designed to fend of bacteria on the journey to our taps, not eradicate all the bugs in soil or anywhere else - although it will of course do this at the right concentration.

e2a; my hot tub rattles along with constant small top ups. if i forget for a while and a bloom starts, much much more chlorine is needed to rectify.

@MindSoup interesting bit about sodium metabisulphite. i searched pubmed but only got the extract. It doesnt gove quantity. campden tablets are used for both dechlramiation and sterilisation - in different quanities. i woulld be surprised if high dose campden didnt damage plants, but i am sure in the drinkable quantiies i use, there is no issue.

4 hours ago, Newcouch said:

It doesnt gove quantity.

That's a good point, I'm sure if its was low enough of a concentration it would barely make it below the surface.