New loft room in progress

plumbking

Taking shape lovely......I would put CMH down the middle and light the sides up with LED bars...easier to mange HVAC and still keep leaf surface temperature up :yep:

Get something on the chimney to prevent water blowing the fan up as advised.

Probably RTW to keep the weight down. (hows the loft take weight ?)

Gonna be a lovely space....like the touch of taking CO2 rich air from the bedroom but obviously you will need lights on when you're sleeping in there.

What you thinking for a floor ? 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, mysticriver said:

you've got a lovely room there mate.

at a quick guess you would be looking at 4 x 660W Maxibright daylight pro LED's or 4 x 600W lumatek zeus pro LED fixtures. Or the LEDgrowlights site sponsor route.

As mentioned you want some quality extraction for 4 led lights in the loft.

mystic.

Thanks mate will take a look,

Think I'm going to go 10 inch extraction 8 inch intake both on a controller to give me better control over the room. Rather go to big than to small on fans I'm thinking.

• Like 1

Just now, plumbking said:

Thanks mate will take a look,

Think I'm going to go 10 inch extraction 8 inch intake both on a controller to give me better control over the room. Rather go to big than to small on fans I'm thinking.

You wont need to go as big if you go pure LED.....they don't give out heat in the same way traditional HPS bulbs do.

A problem if you end up not drawing enough air and pressure for a 'one pass' on the filter.

The transition from HPS to LED took a little getting used to for most of us I think....me mostly  lol 

• Like 1

Just now, zen-ken said:

You wont need to go as big if you go pure LED.....they don't give out heat in the same way traditional HPS bulbs do.

A problem if you end up not drawing enough air and pressure for a 'one pass' on the filter.

The transition from HPS to LED took a little getting used to for most of us I think....me mostly  lol 

Id love to go LED but not sure my budget will stretch that far, least not at first anyway as the build is costing a fair whack.  What is the rough cost for a decent LED setup?

the loft seems to hold weight ok, the joists aren't that big but they rest on a load bearing wall which runs right through the middle of the room so its all good I reckon.

• Like 1

The site sponsors can sort you out on the cheap end fixtures around a £1 per watt....£2 per watt for premium IP rated ones.

Id still recommend CMH over HPS but the bulbs are horrendous at first when getting Phillips for veg and flower and you need new ballasts for them.....the results however and being able to 'see' the girls clearly is priceless.

Maxibright does a CMH that runs off a normal ballast but I had serious problems with the shitty thing lol  

• Like 3

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
25 minutes ago, RUFUS HOUND said:

maybe the chimneys caved in 

i was thinking that as soon as i saw those brackets

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I worried about the no updates I hope he’s not stuck under the rubble. He’s not logged in since the 14 august 22. Shame I was intrigued to see how it worked out.

• Like 1