Bovedas 58 or 62%? Do you use them?

Gaijin

I've used bovedas , they are okay for what they are I guess , not entirely sold on them personally.

These days they sit around on shelves dotted around the house and I give them the occasional squeeze to see what my rh is like (oh that ones gone squishy again , must have been the rain yesterday etc)

If they see active use in jars these days it'll be because I found a bud behind furniture or something and it needs reinvigorating lol

:yinyang:

• Like 2

Just now, BilgePump said:

I've used bovedas , they are okay for what they are I guess , not entirely sold on them personally.

These days they sit around on shelves dotted around the house and I give them the occasional squeeze to see what my rh is like (oh that ones gone squishy again , must have been the rain yesterday etc)

If they see active use in jars these days it'll be because I found a bud behind furniture or something and it needs reinvigorating lol

:yinyang:

lollol  a glowing recommendation for their extracurricular potential around the house :D 

I totally agree with @Owderb and others - shouldn't need them at all. No such thing existed the last time I had dope to dry. I was just curious as to the difference between the two figures 

• Like 3

dont bother,theyre just a waste of cash.

i used them once when i was a gullible noob, thinking they would improve things, but they didnt.

like the others said, just dry them properly and sick em in an airtight kilner. in the dark if storing them for a while

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Gaijin said:

lollol  a glowing recommendation for their extracurricular potential around the house :D 

I totally agree with @Owderb and others - shouldn't need them at all. No such thing existed the last time I had dope to dry. I was just curious as to the difference between the two figures 

Hey @badbillybob, just a quick question.  I still think they are a good thing to have available in case you swoop a tad too low on the RH and need to bring the bud back a bit before curing stops.  The only other solution I know of is something like orange peel, which carries mould risks.  Do you have a homegrown alternative that you would use if you made a drying mistake?

Not suggesting you would make a mistake like that, but I make them all the time, hence the pleasure of having a backup plan :)

All the best!

Edited by Owderb
Bold means shouting
  • Like 2

yeah thats what i would use...

As for not making any mistakes, you obviously havnt read my breeding thread or any of my diaries for the past year or so haha. 

its a continual learning process. if you dont learn something from every grow, you're doing it wrong ......

• Like 3

3 hours ago, fatboy77 said:

@MidgeSmith why do you think they now make a product called the terp protector? Still shite. 

Yeah I've noticed the terp protection ones make no difference.

I've come to learn you don't need Boveda packs if you dry to the right RH in the first place.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MidgeSmith said:

The only other solution I know of is something like orange peel, which carries mould risks. 

The Raw brand make a hydro stone

• Like 1

1 hour ago, growinggold said:

A weed leaf as Fatboy has said always works great. 

That's genius, just a fresh leaf or two?!

Great suggestion cheers :)

• Like 1