Alien 55L square buckets

Dsmile

8 hours ago, Dsmile said:

@QQ710 I ordered the 92L's for the extra 20cm height, they;ve got the same footprint at the 60L's im using now but look much stronger. I'll be using bulkhead/cableglands for peace of mind, being on a second floor can't risk 400L coming through the ceiling lol , not that i'm saying uniseals are prone to leaking, just I heard more so than glands.

Got a newa 1700L pump coming and going to try fallponics with a 3/4"-1" feed line from the chiller, I hope the pump will be powerful enough to full 6 pots through that diameter. 

Still scratching my head about the circulation pipes though, with the extra height I could continue to use my current 1" pipes which haven't blocked yet:lucky: but I was thinking about changing them to 2" or 3". problem is the bulkheads and pipe like my current are expensive.

Maybe I can use threaded pond connectors in the boxes and solvent weld corrugated pipe to the outside of connector. 

Any suggestions?

uniseals are shit, dont ever use them

• Like 1

These parts are getting pricey tbh, getting close to the price of just buying a retail system. Might just use what i've got and change things around a bit. ideally i'd use a solvent welded corrugated pipe with 3" - 4" threaded tank connectors on each end, so I can remove them from the system easily enough, just constantly doubt everything I think of, as you can probably tell lol 

Good call on the Wham boxes, my 92L ones arrived and they are much stronger than expected and so tall, no more hurting my back to clear under the canopy!

I was talking about this build with a friend and he claims that by using 3" instead of 2" i'll loose a lot of pressure and circulation, i'm not convinced but i'm not convinced that my 1700lph pump will be enough to circulate the water sufficiently from the back pots, would it be circulating the front pots more than the back?

• Like 1