On the hunt for a new vaporiser in 2022

yabbah

6 hours ago, silvester growdrobe said:

@Chairman O The Bored

FWIW I rate the bubbler. But then I don't have or want a large glass piece so the bubbler works great for me. For such a compact little thing it really allows you to take huge hits.

I ordered one from TM... I stupidly didn't order any spare o rings or stuff and had to put an order in, so thought i might as well get the TM one, start with that and I suspect, like you, that may be enough... 

After a few days playing and initially being very impressed, i'm a little less so on longer term daily use. I think I need to work on my technique maybe.

I like the big bowl I use with the Volcano... I fill the bag right up and get lots of nice flavourful vape, 3 or 4 fills between 5 and 6 on the dial. The TM on the other, always on setting my be a better way for me to use it, i'll continue working on it!

6 hours ago, Lubdub said:

I notice no one has mentioned the Plenty by S&B. If your looking to just get ripped at home with little fuss, then I think it's a good option. 

I should have put more thought into my purchase of the PAX 3. Great little device that i can get big hits out of but in terms of usability, I'm home most the time and desktop vapes appeal more to me now.

I did have a Plenty a long while ago, but it didn't get a look in with me having the Volcano and no Chairwoman to worry about.... 

It may be the better option for me at home now and use the TM when out and about in the park or on my travels.

After looking around there are tons of options, the flowerpot looks like fun, but the simplicity of a Plenty appeals.... 

sorry for hijacking the thread!

Edited by Chairman O The Bored
SP
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm surprised no-ones mentioned arizer, I use the solo 2 around the house, and the argo out and about.

They are really nice to use, dead easy to clean and I like the all glass vapour path. 

I would like a tinymight though.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, sweepy said:

I'm surprised no-ones mentioned arizer, I use the solo 2 around the house, and the argo out and about.

They are really nice to use, dead easy to clean and I like the all glass vapour path. 

Possibly because they have been overtaken by the latest convection vapes.

I loved my solo 1. First proper portable vape. (My extreme q was my first proper desktop). But it's very tight draw and not the tastiest. Tinymight much better imo.

• Like 1

On 04/03/2022 at 11:48 AM, sweepy said:

Daily solo user since 2013 here (had the first one and then replaced it with the 2).

The slow draw is a selling point for me. Its the perfect joint replacment.

That said i would have a tiny might by now if it wasnt for the fact that i am brassic.

• Like 2

I really would like to try a tinymight, how is the battery life in the real world? and can you really pause mid load like a pipe?

8 hours ago, sweepy said:

I really would like to try a tinymight, how is the battery life in the real world? and can you really pause mid load like a pipe?

Batteries not too bad. Depending on load size and temp settings between 5 to 6 loads. But it only takes 1 battery so no issues to swap.

On demand mode means you can pause mid load. It also has a session mode.

• 5 weeks later...

The Tinymight looks interesting if not expensive for what it is. 

Are there any dry herb atomiser/tanks folks would recommend for an existing sub-ohm vape mod?

If you never own a S&B vape it’s worth buying one of the orange plastic grinders they normally include with their vapes, separately.

Best grinder by far :george:

For 510 mods there's a few options 

The Dreamwood Glow, Modpod Stempod si, Vape Engineering Herbie v2 are all rebuildable things you can tinker with and put your own coils inside  

Ideally, you'll want an Arctic Fox or Red Panda compatible mod to go with them for the extra puff time, auto fire n stuff to get the most out of them 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Smokey McBongface said:

If you never own a S&B vape it’s worth buying one of the orange plastic grinders they normally include with their vapes, separately.

Best grinder by far :george:

Imo. Nope. Not by a long way. unless you like orange plastic in your mix. What grinders are you comparing with?

• Like 1

Just now, M Pamplemousse said:

unless you like orange plastic in your mix.

S&B are pretty expensive for all the cheap plastic they use. They even make you pay a fair bit for the metal top replacement on the portables.

I haven’t really used any other grinder in years. Occasionally a space case but the length of the thread on it annoys me.

When I bought a volcano digit years back it came with one of the orange grinders. Thought compared to any other plastic grinder I’ve used this is the bollocks, really sharp for plastic.

If you want to replicate having a joint you can’t go wrong with a Dynavap XL or for more of a hit pair it with a simrell Vortex stem. Hits like a steam train. I got both of mine

if you can’t be arsed with using a torch lighter and want an electric one I’ve got an Argo which you can use out and about as well as at home as well stealthy and flavour and hits are equally good.

Edited by lildaveham
Removed non sponsor link

6 minutes ago, Hubbabubba said:

+1 Mighty I always ended up back using my S&B Mighty it’s the boss.

It's good but the boss? 

Expensive, no changeable battery, limited temp range and all plastic.

It's great as a first vape if you can afford it and dont want to get extra kit. It's very easy to use.

But a tinymight is much better. I even prefer my dynavaps with ih.

• Like 1