NEW...Mish-Mash Hydro System

stu914

That's a good pull there bud and I'm keeping a beady on this new 'easy does it' system you've gone and put together. 

It's all very simple and not a load a faff, which is music to my ears and when I get back to it, I might well be copying your work here :yep: 

• Like 3

@botanics

Cheers bud, it's a little 'faffy' setting up but once up and running there's not much to do.

Tag me if you decide to have a go and I can help...:yep:

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, stu914 said:

@botanics

Cheers bud, it's a little 'faffy' setting up but once up and running there's not much to do.

Tag me if you decide to have a go and I can help...:yep:

Good job mate no waste at all thats always a ball ache will be watching next one you would have ironed out the kinks if there was any as well so next one should be even more was it over a gram a watt did i read is that the magic number i  read somewere

• Like 1

@Baron von greenback

Cheers bud, just a few stems and a handful of pebbles (to be re-used) is all that's left.

1gpw is the generally accepted target for yield but with leds this figure has increased for most growers,

the best I've done is 1.6 so this first grow wasn't quite there due to lack of training and space not completely filled.

• 1 month later...

@stu914  Very nice mate, I know its just a little aspect of what you've put together, but the rings sell it for me. Any exp'd hydro grower will have wanted something to tie to at least once through their years. It is an issue with hydro systems, you have two choices, get a net, or somehow attach string or tape to your tubs /pots and risk dmg etc. The rings are a nice touch.

Can defo see the aspects taken from other systems, Wilma for sure. 

Quite shocked at the yield for the size of root mass, damn fine harvest for a sandwich plate sized root mass.

On 27/01/2022 at 0:55 PM, stu914 said:

I expected them to air prune

Not on your life mate lol  If I had a quid for every time I'd said to myself "Na they wont go that far" and then found roots turning the corners of 4" piping.

Overall tho mate, really interesting stuff, being able to move pots is a bloody gods end. Could make the difference between having to destroy a crop or being able to save it. If a grower has an unexpected visitor make an appointment to inspect property for example, and your in RDWC..... Well your fucked. 90% or more of the systems ive seen would require you to just out the crop, yours tho, quite confident you could pick them up at any stage and keep them happy enough until its safe to return them.

Very Noice Mate!

• Like 2

On 24/03/2022 at 10:27 PM, stu914 said:

350w led yielded 337 grams which I'm well chuffed with considering there was very little training and space not completely filled.

how many L do you mix up at a time for the res and how long did it last?

mystic

@mysticriver

It's a 100ltr res bud and lasts for 2 - 3 weeks depending on how large the plants are and what stage of growth.

@GreenVision

I thought you'd like it...thanks for the kind words bud...

I've tried to address as many of the pain in the arse problems with hydro as I could think of.

Still tweaking the system, next time round the pots will be half the size as there's no need for 5ltr, just got to source some smaller rings.

(They're actually wreath rings so if the crop goes shit shaped at least I can mourn...:rofl:)

Did you see the slightly upgraded 9 pot version titled GAVIE...really pleased as I was able to do regs, sex them and turf out the males.

Only left me with two girls, just about enough to move around, scrog, and fill the gaps, can't do that with fixed systems.

:oldtoker:

• Like 5

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

The future is here! I'm all over this mate. Been looking for a low maintenance alternative to soil. I think this may well be it!! 

• Like 1

@Sid the Seedkiller

Thanks for the kind words Sid...I can see you quite like this method...:rofl:

Last grow went shit-shaped due to roots coiling inside the pots and cutting off the drainage leading to root rot,

one of the main things I'm trying to avoid, still had a decent return though.

There's one major tweak I've made and that's half filling the pots with pebbles..(re-usable)

I'd forgotten that I'd done it once before and this was the result...much better...

large.SSCN1783.JPGlarge.SSCN1867.JPG

...than this...

large.SSCN1552.JPG

If you decide to give something like this a go tag me, I'll be interested to see what you're up to...:yep:

Cheers bud...

:oldtoker:

• Like 3

I'm definitely doing this mate. First thing I'm looking at is sorting out something like your washing up bowl setup. It looks ideal for starting them off. What size tank do you use for that? And what size pump? 

@Sid the Seedkiller

I'm not using this atm but it's an auto feed 9 pot starter system with a 25 ltr res (fill to around 16 ltr)  and the pump is a maxijet 1000.

large.SSCN1294.JPGlarge.SSCN1291.JPGlarge.SSCN1290.JPG

Currently using the same res and pump but with only one mother plant at a time.

The roots grow through the mesh pot into the empty large brown pot.

From seed to when I can take cuttings is about the same amount of time it takes for my flowering room to finish so fits in well.

large.SSCN2319.JPGlarge.SSCN2317.JPGlarge.SSCN2255.JPG

• Like 3

@stu914 cheers mate those pictures are perfect. Going to knock myself one of those up soon as I can. Do you just use tap water, or RO fella?