Best Small Auto for beginner

frank0420

I grow a lot of sweet seeds, cream caramel and mandarin being the all time favourites, both for flavour profile and yeild.

With a good amount of training and if needed, supercropping, you can keep the plants under a couple of feet tall.

If you're growing indoors, and space/height is of a premium, then look for a more indica dominant ratio just to keep the size down. 

If it's more on the indica side of things just harvest before you see any amber trichomes and you'll not have too heavy of a couch-lock.

• Like 1
On 09/01/2022 at 8:14 PM, MindSoup said:

and you can always bend/tie branches down

I too like to tie my ladies down

I have to or she gets unruly (they actually dont mind the discipline)

mystic

• Like 1
On 10/01/2022 at 10:31 AM, OldFord said:

The most reliable,  abuse proof and compact auto i have grown to date is Sweet Seeds Auto S.A.D -   its very compact , tough as they come and the end result is rather nice too. 

Also from a smell perspective it is on the quieter end of the spectrum. 

Real Gorilla Seeds Auto Gelato i did last year was VERY nice !  Its compact in stature , a very nice effect, great flavour / taste but i found both mines to be quite pungent at times , if you can hadle that its a wonderful smoke. 

Both aforementioned are tough, stay pretty small and both breeders are on hand here on this site to assist with any difficulties.  

Most of the breeders in the Breeders section have autos to suit your needs ,  SeedStockers , RGSC and Sweets all get great reviews and popular on here. 

All the best and keep us posted of what you decide on :yep:

Hi Old ford the auto gelato and sweet seeds sad, how bushy do they go ?

Was thinking of doing a few metre square beds how many of the above auto’s could you fit in that space without over crowding?

8-10 plants?

• Like 1

@Tubsnpots   The Sweets Auto SAD stays very short in my experience ,  just a tiny little compact unit :yep:     

The RGSC Auto Gelato gets taller and spreads out a bit , certainly a largr footprint than the SAD but for flavour the Gelato wins hand down.    

A 5 pack of the SAd & 3 pack of the Gelato ,  the SAD's dont offer up a good yield but i find they certainly are worth the effort for the end result and they almost become invisible in the beds :) 

7 minutes ago, OldFord said:

@Tubsnpots   The Sweets Auto SAD stays very short in my experience ,  just a tiny little compact unit :yep:     

The RGSC Auto Gelato gets taller and spreads out a bit , certainly a largr footprint than the SAD but for flavour the Gelato wins hand down.    

A 5 pack of the SAd & 3 pack of the Gelato ,  the SAD's dont offer up a good yield but i find they certainly are worth the effort for the end result and they almost become invisible in the beds :) 

Thanks for the reply

cream manderine auto is that small like the sad? What kind of weight can be pulled off the sad , manderine and the gelato?

@Tubsnpots   The Cream Mandarine is the tallest of the 3 in my experience but the end product IS very worth while :yep:    

The SAD you wont see much dry weight but it is nice,  the Gelato is bigger  and the Cream Manadine being the biggest. 

I have no idea on precise weights as im just interested in the flavour or effect mate.   I never scale a single run. 

Should be pics in my gallery of all 3 through the years 

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, OldFord said:

@Tubsnpots   The Cream Mandarine is the tallest of the 3 in my experience but the end product IS very worth while :yep:    

The SAD you wont see much dry weight but it is nice,  the Gelato is bigger  and the Cream Manadine being the biggest. 

I have no idea on precise weights as im just interested in the flavour or effect mate.   I never scale a single run. 

Should be pics in my gallery of all 3 through the years 

Thanks Again 

outdoor king seeds has some lovely hybrids he’s all about the high

ordered 3 king crosses

From the few I've grown, pot size is the factor that determines the size of the plant. I only grow them outside, or to fill out my veg tent (60x60x140), so have to keep them uber small or they shade out my mums. I topped my ongoing 2x Lemon OG autos also, not generally recommended, reduces yeild etc, but if the tent was empty, I reckon I could grow 4, or 2 in bigger pots :yep: 

large.E8B62C6B-D36E-470B-B935-8DA9B14B5175.jpeg