Best Small Auto for beginner

frank0420

Hi guy

So after installing the new ladders to the loft I have drawn up a diagram of an insulated lung room for the attic. Unfortunately because of the loft truss beams I can only fit a 140cm tall hydo tent. Is there a good reliable auto flower that I could grow that does not grow tall as the tent is 120cm/3.9ft. I have read a few dairies and some seed companies can be better than others so any advice welcome. Cheers.

• Like 1

For good autos you can't go wrong with sweet seeds or real gorilla seeds, both site sponsors that get good reviews. You can control size to an extent by using smaller pots, and you can always bend/tie branches down. You actually get a bit more control with photos, you can get a rough idea of how much they will stretch from older grow diaries and use that to gauge when to flip to flower. Either way a lot of small plants in small pots would be the way to go. 

@tokenrolls current diary is a perfect example of small plants in small pots.

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 5

Aim for mainly Indica strains or Hybrids say 60% indica and 40% sativa. Should be easy to manage in that space. Photos would be good for summer when the loft gets hot the lights of downtime would be better., but certainly autos for winter runs.

@MindSoup thanks for the tag.

Toke...

• Like 6

Sweet seeds auto gelato never grows very tall. Biggest I’ve had was about 60cm tall in a 6ltr pot.

if I was worried about height then id be running 4 autos in 3 ltr pots instead of 1 in a 6 though.

• Like 3
Just now, Whatwentwrong said:

Sweet seeds auto gelato never grows very tall. Biggest I’ve had was about 60cm tall in a 6ltr pot.

Mine was about 20cm in a 14L pot lol

• Like 4

The most reliable,  abuse proof and compact auto i have grown to date is Sweet Seeds Auto S.A.D -   its very compact , tough as they come and the end result is rather nice too. 

Also from a smell perspective it is on the quieter end of the spectrum. 

Real Gorilla Seeds Auto Gelato i did last year was VERY nice !  Its compact in stature , a very nice effect, great flavour / taste but i found both mines to be quite pungent at times , if you can hadle that its a wonderful smoke. 

Both aforementioned are tough, stay pretty small and both breeders are on hand here on this site to assist with any difficulties.  

Most of the breeders in the Breeders section have autos to suit your needs ,  SeedStockers , RGSC and Sweets all get great reviews and popular on here. 

All the best and keep us posted of what you decide on :yep:

• Like 2

Honestly the best results I ever had from autos were from Mephisto genetics and I’ve stuck with them since, they have a uk store.. most of their plants range in the size of about the 50-90cm range and also finish in the actual time stated. Hope that helps 

• Like 3
11 hours ago, Whatwentwrong said:

Sweet seeds auto gelato never grows very tall.

I had one about a metre tall. Most of them are pretty short like 50-70cm but you get the odd rogue one.  

Vision Seeds Superskunk autos are really small.   Out of 5, the tallest one was 55cm. Very light feeder and quick to finish.

• Like 2

@frank0420 I’d consider what mindsoup said and do a little sea of green but with photoperiod plants. Just because if something goes wrong, all that time and electricity has gone to waste, back to the start again! 

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Jack? said:

The last two sweet seed runtz XL I have grown have both been very short bushy plants. Big yeild but short. 

Have 2 runtz XL and one strawberry banana xl something, all sweet seeds.... The 2 runtz are compact and bushy with the SB growing much taller.

• Like 2
22 hours ago, MindSoup said:

For good autos you can't go wrong with sweet seeds or real gorilla seeds, both site sponsors that get good reviews. You can control size to an extent by using smaller pots, and you can always bend/tie branches down. You actually get a bit more control with photos, you can get a rough idea of how much they will stretch from older grow diaries and use that to gauge when to flip to flower. Either way a lot of small plants in small pots would be the way to go. 

@tokenrolls current diary is a perfect example of small plants in small pots.

Thanks for the info, I see Sweet seeds are a Euro company do they have a U.K retailer or is it safe anuff  to buy direct?

• Like 1

@frank0420

Sweet Seeds are completely reliable and also available in most if not all seed bank retailers.

Limited experience here but currently growing out 2 strawberry bananas (fastbuds) and wedding cake (barneys farm). I put them through hell but the strawnanas seem to be pulling through and have small to medium sized plants full of frosty bud that currently smells of blueberry. The WC is still struggling.

Can't really attest to the breeders but all things considered i'm happy with the vigour of the fastbuds beans and their speed. As for where they get their genetics from and if what i'm growing is actually strawnana, is another issue.

• Like 1
22 hours ago, frank0420 said:

Thanks for the info, I see Sweet seeds are a Euro company do they have a U.K retailer or is it safe anuff  to buy direct?

Try our site sponsor Attitude Seeds or Real Gorilla Seeds mate ,  both site sponsors , reliable and friendly :yep:

• Like 1

I have roughly the same height and rarely have any issues with indica autos, Northern Lights (left) is a very reliable strain I started with and have grown a few times now.

Sativa (right) not so much.

large_8wt.jpg.f98ff9263abb404f2cf693751b

• Like 4