Would like to grow but space is a problem

Donny.Z

Hey guys, I would really like to start a small 2 plant grow, but my problem is I’m basically living out of one room right now and the grow would have to be in that same room. I would have space for a small tent/wardrobe because all I have in the room is a bed, tv on the wall and a small rack for my clothes. I’m not sure what size tent I would need to grow 2 maybe 3 plants maximum (by some limited research it says I should be looking for a 3ftx3ft space) but it would also need to be discreet because I live on the bottom floor of a main street. Smell is not the biggest problem because I can smoke weed in here and that’s fine, but eliminating the grow smell would be preferable. I’m more scared about the light output, would that make it obvious? what I mean by that is, when I open the grow space to water the plants and so on, would it look like a spaceship has landed in my house? XD . Also are there any “all in one” set ups that I could purchase to start up my grow? one that wouldn't look out of place in a rented room? Finances are not a big problem if there are good grow kits out that would make things easier a complete beginner.

I also have another off topic question, as you can see because I'm  living out of one room at the moment, that means it's my only place I can have a smoke without going on the street. Would me smoking in the same room as a tent damage the plant?

Any help would be great, thanks in advance guys

@Donny.Z Welcome to the site, so you’ve decided you want to grow your own! A few things that will help you get started. First off, what budget have you got? How much are you needing to harvest to make it worth growing? That being said if it’s your first grow, set your expectations low, anything over that is a bonus. Listen to the people on here, some really experienced growers, that will happily help you on your way! 

• Like 2

@Potprincess Thanks for the reply. So first off, I don't really have a budget, obviously the cheaper the better, but I also don't mind paying more for things if it would make the process a bit easier. And don't worry my expectations are extremely low, I have already factored in that my first 3 grows are probably going to go straight in the bin lol . But once I do manage to get the hang of things I would like to harvest around 7-10oz every 3 to 4 months. I know the people on here can be very helpful, I actually first signed up about 10 years ago about the same topic ha ha. Bought a tent, lights and everything, but life got in the way and I never ended up actually starting it. This time I have no choice because bud prices in the UK are just getting silly now and I'm getting to the point of resenting paying for it  lol

• Like 2

@Donny.Z I wouldn’t scrimp on carbon filter, extractor fan and probably the light. Although you can get some cheapish led lights that will harvest a decent yield. You probably will need a fan speed controller, will help with temps. Unless you want to spend mega money on a extractor fan. To grow seven ounces you’re looking at a decent 200w light minimum. Have a look at the site sponsors, they do discount codes too. Next thing to think about is space, how much have you got? Top to bottom, side to side. Oh stay away from the online grow tent kits. You’ll end up upgrading everything within a few months! 

• Like 1

Dr 60 will do two plants. 

AC infinity 6 inch with controller and a decent filter. 

Small LED. 

Things to consider is not having it visible through the window and not opening tent when lights are on or your room will be lit up. 

You can smoke in the same room and the filter will clear the smell. 

Growing weed and smoking it smells very different and people will most certainly smell it with no filter.

You will have to also consider your room will be noisy even with a controller. 

I used to grow in my bedroom and it was loud especially trying when trying  to sleep lol

• Like 2

Thanks for the tag @mikeydoughnut.

Something like our 60cm x 60cm or 90cm x 90cm tents with a 6inch AC Infinity on a low speed setting would be ideal really. 90cm x 90cm might be better though for your needs. You could use a reducer to downsize to 4inch filter or you could just get a 4 inch kit instead depending how light a sleeper you are. Personally I'd go for the 6inch for extra peace of mind and longevity. You'd also want about 150 watts of LED for 60cm x 60cm. The Jackson 150 would be perfect, especially for two plants. We could get you up and running for about £400-500 (minus pots, medium and heater).

With regards to light leaks through the curtains, if you have a dimmable LED then it's just a case of dimming right down each time you open the tent.

Edited by ledgrowlights-Craig
  • Like 3

I grow in a 60*60*120 tent in my bedroom, with a 6 inch AC Infinity that I can hear on the lowest setting. Have a look at some type of acoustic ducting, the noise from my fan is from air movement, I bought oversized phonic trap ducting which has made some difference but not as much as I like. Someone on this site recommended Assassin ducting, apparently it's cheaper and quieter than phonic. Others on here will be able to give their opinions different types of ducting to reduce the noise. 

• Like 1

Stealthiest option is a cupboard or wardrobe conversion but might be best to get a tent to get going quickly.

The extraction is something to think about, mainly where it's going to go.

• Like 1

Don't let a lack of space discourage you, plenty of people get good results from a 2x2 or smaller space. Check out my older grow diaries for some inspiration, also @Mullet has some brilliant grows recently in a tint cupboard and @RUFUS HOUND has just smashed his first grow in a 2x2. There's loads of other very successful "micro grows" documented on here for you to swat up on. 

Get growing :yep:

• Like 4

I grew in an old converted fridge freezer for years, footprint 60cm x 45cm usual yield around 5oz...pics in my gallery...

• Like 4

I'm in a 400 x 700mm wardrobe. (Let me out!!)

My best run was 6.3 oz with a couple of 54w cobs and a couple of 15w domestic leds.

• Like 2