High humitity and pm

Hobocreations

7 hours ago, ratdog said:

how on earth is it (16 oc) colder in your grow space?

i would heat the room you are drawing from and see if that works, if not i have no idea what else to suggest mate

My room I'm drawing from is 18 degrees average and my grow room is 16 degrees average (lights off) so only a 2 degree drop which I'd expect as my grow room has 3 exposed walls to the elements. I'm taking readings from my lung room to see what humidity it's sitting at as other areas of the building are in 50% Rh. I think dehumidifying that room which in turn will heat the grow room somewhat may be the answer. And less jungle.

• Like 2

morning dude, well after all my hot air yesterday, i checked my lights out rh and it was 81% lol:russian:

but, i rarely have any bud rot and never get pm, the last time i had bud rot was because i was drying lots of clothes and towels in my flat at the end of flower and sent rh through the roof, ordinarily this isn't an issue, but that said i will be looking at ways to lower it myself.

i think the fact your grow it's self is so exposed to external walls might be a concern, but otherwise i would be looking at more direct ways to deal with the pm as we are on the same lat and i don't suffer, my flat has a high humidity in the north facing parts and has always had a bit of stagnant air/mold around bits.

i left my bedroom window open last night so that won't have helped matters, i'll keep it closed to night and take readings again. i also have a grow in the living room that vents back into the room so might have to look at that, but i have no way of venting that outside without drawing attention.

nightmare!

e2a, and like you said yesterday, the humidity outside hasn't dropped for a week or more now, this rain is getting fucking silly, and these mild temps can't be helping much either!

Edited by ratdog
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, ratdog said:

morning dude, well after all my hot air yesterday, i checked my lights out rh and it was 81% lol:russian:

but, i rarely have any bud rot and never get pm, the last time i had bud rot was because i was drying lots of clothes and towels in my flat at the end of flower and sent rh through the roof, ordinarily this isn't an issue, but that said i will be looking at ways to lower it myself.

i think the fact your grow it's self is so exposed to external walls might be a concern, but otherwise i would be looking at more direct ways to deal with the pm as we are on the same lat and i don't suffer, my flat has a high humidity in the north facing parts and has always had a bit of stagnant air/mold around bits.

i left my bedroom window open last night so that won't have helped matters, i'll keep it closed to night and take readings again. i also have a grow in the living room that vents back into the room so might have to look at that, but i have no way of venting that outside without drawing attention.

nightmare!

e2a, and like you said yesterday, the humidity outside hasn't dropped for a week or more now, this rain is getting fucking silly, and these mild temps can't be helping much either!

Morning, it's a nightmare eh! Up until this summer I never had problems but I wasn't keeping a close eye on things like temps ec etc. With knowledge comes responsibility and now I'm measuring everything my grows are chalk and cheese in comparison. But the results are big heavy wet buds. And high humitity. I got bud rot for the first time this summer gone. Saved most and it was still a good haul but I'd rather not be chucking 30% away. 

I put a Thermometer in my feed/lung room and my humitity sat at 75% and 18 degrees yet rest of house in in 50% and 20 degrees. So my feed room is deffo an issue so I'm heating that now and going to dehumidify this room to see if it helps. 

Also been thinking about dot n dab in room on exposed walls. 

We need a cold dry spell desperately. 

I know if I didn't top as much or had less plants that would help but hey ho it a passion and I love my jungle. Just not the humitity. Haha. 

Peace dude 

Edited by Hobocreations
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Hobocreations said:

rest of house in in 50% and 20 degrees.

can you get a duct to run to the room from somewhere there?, that would make a huge difference, i reckon, and be cheaper than heating

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, ratdog said:

can you get a duct to run to the room from somewhere there?, that would make a huge difference, i reckon, and be cheaper than heating

Good call. Will need some ingenious design to hide but I needed a hyperthetical RSJ to hold up a wall. Plasterboard cover job done. Great thinking. Cheers. 

Edited by Hobocreations
  • Like 1

@Hobocreations looking at building a lung room instead of housing all gear in tent. run 2 dehumidifiers in my 1.5x3 and finally got lights out RH down to 60, lights on sits at the same. Extraction off. if I extract, the cold air bumps RH up too much, you're cold room is on par with my cold loft. 20 litre pots are big and bet your running more numbers than me,  with 15 plants, my RH is difficult to keep on top off without a large dehumidifier.