High humitity and pm

Hobocreations

At the bottom of a valley lol albeit a very shallow one, I also crowd my tent to fuck which probably doesn't help, If found Bluamts/drippers exacerbate the issue as well.

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 1

You need to draw cool air into your lung room or tent from outside.  When you bring cool air in and warm it, the rh drops off considerably.  It shouldn't matter that the rh is sky high outside.  It's the temperature difference you want.  If its cold outside my rh is usually in the 40's.  It's a bit too warm currently, that with the rain is making it unusually tricky this time of year. 

1 minute ago, ratdog said:

where are you?

that's insane, i'm spending all my efforts to get my humidity up to 70 and i'm in a cold damp flat, infact i get mold if i don't have the tents/fans running regularly

South of the UK. Its raining constantly. Looked on met office and out humidity today is between 88 and 95 outside. 

Just now, ratdog said:

me too mate, there must be something wrong somewhere, i'm sure

I could not agree more. I have friends who are able to maintain 50rh lights off. As said I have topped and topped and they are taking a lot of water. Average of 3l per plant a day and they are light in weight the next day. I've tried less water no run off to stop excess water and straight water to keep ec right but didn't change a thing.  Removing run off. 

I aim for 20% run off to keep my ec in roots correct. 

Tried Covering pots. It's as soon as the lights go off. No issues at all with lights on. 

• Like 1

Windows.  You need an airflow.  I'm south coast too.  Most my plants need watering twice a day, so 5L each.  Rh is 55 in my tent and I can drop it lower if I want.  If using led try running lights on during the day, it's colder at night so the cooler air drops rh.  You can swap 12/12 from night to day pretty easily mid cycle. 

1 hour ago, ratdog said:

what's the temp of the room the tents in?

Not in a tent. But the room drawing air from is not heated either. Although inside. So the room that feeds the grow room sits at about 18degrees

1 hour ago, fatboy77 said:

Windows.  You need an airflow.  I'm south coast too.  Most my plants need watering twice a day, so 5L each.  Rh is 55 in my tent and I can drop it lower if I want.  If using led try running lights on during the day, it's colder at night so the cooler air drops rh.  You can swap 12/12 from night to day pretty easily mid cycle. 

Unfortunately I'm on 4 600w mh currently looking into LEDs. 

Just now, Hobocreations said:

Not in a tent. But the room drawing air from is not heated either. Although inside. So the room that feeds the grow room sits at about 18degrees

how on earth is it (16 oc) colder in your grow space?

i would heat the room you are drawing from and see if that works, if not i have no idea what else to suggest mate