Last seed..oh, shit!!

chilled artist

I use a tablet to take pics then upload them from there.  Saves the fuss of having to transfer them and means I'm carrying around a phone with nothing dodgy on it. 

• Like 2

In my wee hidy hole, my 2 cheap fans died within a day of each other, couldn't write this shit, just picked one up from town for £4, 

anything else wanna go wrong, please do it now, lol while i'm calm...

come on 2022!!!

Late to this thread, I'm by no means an expert but thought I would chip in my tuppence worth.

Propagation: I have a heated propagator, plugs into the wall, clear cover has adjustable air vents etc. I start my seeds off in paper pots, transfer them to the final pot once roots start showing through the paper and/or the seedlings are too tall to fit into the propagator. I regulate temperature using a thermostat with a probe in the soil - Inkbird are the best but I use those in my grow cabinet. For the propagator I use a cheaper one designed for reptile tanks. Does the job just fine, switches heat on/off automagically around a set soil temperature range. This way the roots never get too cold or too warm.

Autos seem to be sensitive to over feeding. This is something I still haven't quite got right for growing under artificial lighting (sunlight grows don't seem to have the same issues). For my next grow I won't be giving any nutrients (apart from those already in the soil) until maybe a month in. Even then I'll start off with 1/4 strength. Seems to be quite easy to give too much nitrogen without meaning to...

Good luck with the grow, look forward to seeing the results.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Crow River said:

Autos seem to be sensitive to over feeding. This is something I still haven't quite got right for growing under artificial lighting (sunlight grows don't seem to have the same issues). For my next grow I won't be giving any nutrients (apart from those already in the soil) until maybe a month in. Even then I'll start off with 1/4 strength. Seems to be quite easy to give too much nitrogen without meaning to...

Good luck with the grow, look forward to seeing the results.

i hear you mate, not a complete novice grower, tho, it was just the first feed, and hit her hard, only got grow n bloom nutes to use....what else do you really need????     calm down now......  lol   you can be as mental as you like with alsorts, but......

not got  $$$ to just throw at my grow either, so...

everything can be done on a budget, just looking for some results

but cheers for your info

5 hours ago, Lubdub said:

@chilled artist

If that plant is stressed from nute burn best leave them alone, they'll fall off eventually.

Start a diary mate, get some pics up!

cheers, just flushed/just  gave her a bit of ph'd water 6.1 for a week

doing ok, she's stayed small, but bushy, result, for my wee space grow..

I’m currently working my way through various autos ATM, 3x GG#4. Started with 4 seeds, soaked in boiled/cooled rain water for 36 hrs, then into a plug. I germinate them by sitting in a tray placed on a heat mat, with a loose fitting glass sheet. Let them get to about 1-2” high, then into final pots which have been sat on another warming mat for a few days to get soil warm. The failure was due to my mistake of letting 4th seed fall out of plug. Typically get between 2-4 oz per plant. Only ever grown 1 photo seed, a sweetzz which produced 6.5oz dried. Once I’ve used all the autos, will be using photoperiod seeds, as enjoyed the grow experience more. 

• Like 1
16 hours ago, chilled artist said:

i hear you mate, not a complete novice grower, tho, it was just the first feed, and hit her hard, only got grow n bloom nutes to use....what else do you really need????     calm down now......  lol   you can be as mental as you like with alsorts, but......

not got  $$$ to just throw at my grow either, so...

everything can be done on a budget, just looking for some results

but cheers for your info

Don't get me wrong, the wee plants are quite hardy. I would suggest if you're getting signs of nutrient burn, ease off on the feeding. You should still get a decent result in the end. :) 

I'm a low budget grower too, trying to keep things simple seems to work. Like I said, growing in sunlight only with the same feeding regime produced no nutrient burn. But growing under LEDs (cheap blurples in my case) was a different story. So I've learned the hard way to be more cautious about feeding. Still got a decent crop at harvest time. 

• Like 1

Thoughts on defoliating autos,.....

my girl is short, but bushy...to the point of worrying about mildew etc. in a confined small space, leaves going to start hanging over each other in tight space

appreciated,

• 2 weeks later...

kind of cant believe the difference between 2 seeds of the same cultivar, 00 seeds Chocolate Cream Auto....first one went tall and strong, this one stayed short and bushy,

just shows you, every seed has its own characteristics 

looking good now tho, taking its time getting into full flower tho!!!

come on, hen!!!

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

wee update, well, after a shody start, we are maybe couple of weeks away, but main cola not maturing as fast as lower branches...any ideas?? 

• 2 weeks later...