MidgeSmith

Mm, sulphur dioxide, nitrogen oxide and mercury, dust particles and hydrocarbons - such as soot - mould, bird and animal droppings, leaf and plant matter.

Potential to not be the breakfast of champions...

• Like 1

On 12/8/2021 at 2:19 PM, MindSoup said:

@latigid aikon My hot water comes out a bit cloudy and tastes different to the cold tap even when its cooled down, no idea whats in it but it sure as fuck isn't going anywhere near my grow tent lol

If it's a relatively new boiler, it's due to the calcium bicarbonate present in the water losing a carbon atom, meaning the water becomes carbonated. Least that's the case here in Middle Earth lol.

I've fed every grow I've had with hot water that I've let settle for an hour till it reaches 20ish C, i had the same thought, is the water impure, so I dug a bit and found out the above.

• Like 2

Interesting stuff, I'd say the boiler is about 5-7 years old now, would that be new enough? Its a combi boiler if that makes any difference. I've been meaning to leave some in a glass jar or something to see if it clears or if sediment settles but keep forgetting lol.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MindSoup said:

Interesting stuff, I'd say the boiler is about 5-7 years old now, would that be new enough? Its a combi boiler if that makes any difference. I've been meaning to leave some in a glass jar or something to see if it clears or if sediment settles but keep forgetting lol.  

Not sure if it makes a difference but mines combi too- meaning the water is all from the same source anyhow (cold water inlet) so my presumption would be that it being heated, along with whatever's used, adds slightly to it. At a guess of course

• Like 1

9 hours ago, blerie420 said:

If it's a relatively new boiler, it's due to the calcium bicarbonate present in the water losing a carbon atom, meaning the water becomes carbonated. Least that's the case here in Middle Earth lol.

I've fed every grow I've had with hot water that I've let settle for an hour till it reaches 20ish C, i had the same thought, is the water impure, so I dug a bit and found out the above.

Thanks for bringing that clarification in :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MidgeSmith said:

Thanks for bringing that clarification in :)

Never a problem. This sites saved me several ball aches only right to try do the same

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I have been collecting rain water in a tray that holds around 1 litre.

EC is <0.4 and PH 7.7-8.5 ish

I microwave it for a minute thinking it kills most nasties ?

Then some mollases to pH it to 6.0-6.5

A gorilla grow seem to do okay on it from the videos on UToob

• Like 2