Oculus quest 2 VR headset

stummer

Played resident evil today. Stuck at a certain part which is good because I don't fancy just games you can piss through. Have to use the controller as well as proper move about as the zombies are everywhere. Said it before but without a doubt it's the future.

Edited by stummer
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Tried the vr rollercoaster game yesterday, worth a download if you ain’t already. Was surprised how motion sick I felt, strange how just the headset can have such an impact. Anyway course I came away thinking imagine how good it’ll be with a chair.

Think they are still working on it but the price is really cheap compare to some the others out there. Plus of course can use it for racing games n moving experiences. Also lead me to this video, sure everyone’s been on one or two vr rides. Sure I remember trocadero as a kid having a vr type ride, that used a screen and machine movement. Anyway this place looks to have taken things to the next level

Also wondering how long till we see up and coming film directors embracing vr. Be great if they had experiences that was putting you in the movie. Then with the possibility of alternative endings etc depending on how you move within the experience. Wish I know the know how or money to be messing around creating with vr. 

Evening all :)

Mine arrived today :) shes some bit of kit, only played one game so far Fitfx free trial, only took 2 classes the sweat still lashing of me :) no words to describe it, I thought it would be good but damn this is the future of gaming. on the freebies till Friday. they stopped the 50 quid store credit a few weeks back.

whats best free games?

Edited by Bonga
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Only just seen this, will have to download it. I always thought this sort of thing would be good in vr. The games are fun but when you load the experiences and have stuff proper feeling around you. Actually made me think of ghost in the shell, was great to watch the movie on the short throw projector at 150 inch. Gonna download this experience today and give it a try.

I always come away wishing I could put ideas into reality lol can’t wait to see how good vr is going to get. Thought vr movies with multiple endings type thing would be a good concept too. Like an interactive movie I guess where you really feel part of it. What I’d be wanting to work towards if I was a young director fresh outta film school.

• Like 1

Holy shit I forgot to post that I bought one, too. Just before Christmas. The kids are loving BeatSabre!

I bought Zombieland Double Tap, which is a whole lot of fun. It's like Time Crisis all over again; which I would argue was one of the best arcade shooters ever made, especially in the full-on cabinet models with the footplate reloader.

I also bought a flying game which is awesome, actually just awesome. It's cell shaded cartoon graphics but, you can sit in this little microlight with actual plane controls (rather than up and down) and look around you as you're flying, it's so good. It actually made me feel sick, though, when I was swinging underneath the wing trying to go through rings.

There's also 'Shapes 3D' I think it's called. You can draw things in 3D and make them big or small and then walk around in it, which is fucking brilliant to be honest, really good.

I'm not really into FPS's, though, so I'm trying to pick wisely.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

I've just this minute ordered the Meta Quest 2 for the kids for Jebus' Birthday.

I'm balking because I never spend large sums of money on anything other than bills, but I'm also really keen to have a go.

One game I've seen which I really like the look of is Moss - looks gorgeous.