Oculus quest 2 VR headset

stummer

28 minutes ago, Bonga said:

Will I be ok to go with basic package?  any accessories that is needed?

originally you needed a cable (80 quid) to connect to a gaming pc but now it has airlink which does away with the need
128gb is fine if you are linking to a pc as the games are stored on there

only thing you hight want to do is upgrade the strap, the supplied one is a bit basic and gets uncomfortable after a while

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, stummer said:

I gotta be honest mate I ain’t got a scooby, my dad randomly bought the thing. If not got the answer by this evening, I will ask him when he gets home from work and let ya know.

cheers 

Just now, Joolz said:

originally you needed a cable (80 quid) to connect to a gaming pc but mow it has airlink which does away with the need
128gb is fine if you are linking to a pc as the games are stored on there

only thing you hight want to do is upgrade the strap, the supplied one is a bit basic and gets uncomfortable after a while

thanks Joolz! yeah I was looking at the Fit XR,

also Pistol Whip.. looks crazy and althought not a fitness game.. lots are recommending it as you dodging the bullets and what not

Edited by Bonga
  • Like 1

thrill of the fight is a really good game and it will make you sweat lol

havent played many shooting games, but if thats your thing there are a couple of companies 3d printing extensions for the controllers that make it feel like you are holding a gun

if you buy a game you dont like, so long as you've played it for less than 2 hours in a 2 week period you can get a refund, xbox and PS should take note lol

• Like 4

I'm still hovering over one of these. My mate bought one so I thought I'd get a 3-month usage review from him. Christmas is coming....!

• Like 2

Just now, Joolz said:

thrill of the fight is a really good game and it will make you sweat

Just make sure you've got plenty of room. I've still got dents in my knuckles from where I punched the door with 100% effort lol 

• Like 6

Just now, Joolz said:

thrill of the fight is a really good game and it will make you sweat lol

havent played many shooting games, but if thats your thing there are a couple of companies 3d printing extensions for the controllers that make it feel like you are holding a gun

if you buy a game you dont like, so long as you've played it for less than 2 hours in a 2 week period you can get a refund, xbox and PS should take note lol

Nice one thats handy feature

Just now, mrrichiet said:

Just make sure you've got plenty of room. I've still got dents in my knuckles from where I punched the door with 100% effort lol 

Haha cheers gave me good chuckle that.. I've plenty of room I hope :D

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, mrrichiet said:

i injured my elbow from punching the air too hard because there is no resistance or absorption lol

• Like 3

@Bonga Be aware you need a Facebook account for this. I think there are workarounds (Joolz mentioned something once before in another thread) but I don't know how well that works. I believe FB are changing this in future but for now it's a pre-requisite. It was this that stopped me buying one when I was looking to upgrade my Vive.

• Like 1

Choices choices 

There's loadsa £50 voucher deals 

Curry's, Argos, Very, Amazon are pretty similar store voucher deals altho how and when you get the voucher differs 

John Lewis say they give a 2 year guarantee and a £50 store voucher you can redeem in Jan

I went for the Oculus store deal that gives a £50 Oculus store credit - which turned up today and I've spent £5 of it on Skybox already (which was a shock tbh as it was free in the GearVR store) 

You need a phone  lol 

The fckers demanded I installed their app and setup a payment method before I got the credit 

I think I'll probably be buying a better strap in the next few weeks 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mrrichiet said:

Be aware you need a Facebook account for this. I think there are workarounds (Joolz mentioned something once before in another thread) but I don't know how well that works.

i have a fb account just for oculus , if FB catch you they will nerf your headset which means a factory reset and loss of any purchases and game saves

• Like 1